Cloud Computing News, Features, and Interviews
Cloud computing and SAP's Hana in-memory database can be a powerful combination for data analysis, and new tools could help to make sure it doesn't fall down on the job.
Microsoft has added automated backup and patching for SQL Server databases running in virtual machines on its Azure cloud, in a bid to simplify management and improve reliability.
VMware has announced a partnership with Google that could go a long way toward making VMware more competitive in the public Cloud market.
The parliamentary committee overseeing data retention legislation has requested more evidence that companies are unclear as to whether they will be forced to keep customer data under the government's proposed data retention scheme.
Oracle has released an update to its Oracle Service Cloud that adds new tools to give companies more insight about their customers.
More enterprises are turning to hybrid cloud environments and shifting IT workloads out of the office into the data centre, generating more demand for data centre services, according to Equinix Australia managing director Jeremy Deutsch.
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) has become a standard consideration for even the largest companies, but the tools IT teams have traditionally used for application performance monitoring aren't designed for these online tools. IT needs another way to make sure SaaS applications such as Salesforce.com are working properly.
Amazon Web Services has launched a new product to its expansive service catalog in the Cloud: WorkMail is a hosted email platform for enterprises.
The head of IBM's SoftLayer Cloud services business has left the company, hard on the heels of IBM naming another executive to lead a new Cloud division.
Microsoft has launched an Albums feature for organizing photos stored on its OneDrive cloud service, bringing it one step closer to parity with competitors Dropbox and Google.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities