As enterprises have adapted to the innovations of mobile computing, it has become evident that technology itself is not the only thing that has changed in the IT landscape.
Business News, Features, and Interviews
Microsoft announced Friday that it will be ceasing development on several apps Nokia developed for Windows Phone as the company streamlines the photo experience on Windows 10 Mobile.
The Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act, controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill, is likely to get a push for Senate passage this fall, amid doubts that it would have prevented recent major breaches.
Two French ISPs have asked France's highest court to overturn a secret government decree defining how French security services can scoop up foreign Internet traffic. They claim the decree is unconstitutional.
Several companies are preparing technology that will allow window makers to incorporate photovoltaic technology into their products, helping to supplement the structure's power needs.
A dispute between Microsoft and the U.S. government over turning over emails stored in a data center in Ireland comes up for oral arguments in an appeals court in New York on Wednesday.
Amazon will acquire Elemental Technologies in a bid to enrich the video capabilities of its AWS cloud service, the company announced Thursday.
A former Tesla engineer could face five years in prison for allegedly accessing his former manager's email and pilfering employee evaluations that he shared with other workers.
Microsoft is planning to bring its internal tool for running hackathons to the public next year, starting by allowing a few select colleges to test drive it at their own events.
Mobile applications aimed at children are doing a better job in recent years of disclosing their privacy practices, but many apps still lack basic information, according to a U.S. Federal Trade Commission survey.
Microsoft talks up the IoT potential of the cross-platform Oxford SDKs and face, speech, and vision APIs
Internet users will get some respite from Flash-based attacks since Google and Amazon are stopping Flash ads from displaying
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC