The regional town of Townsville is a major area in Queensland after the state capital, Brisbane. The roll-out area covers areas of the town’s suburbs of Aitkenvale and Mundingburra.
The Queensland city of Townsville is a major regional town after the state capital, Brisbane. With an estimated population of 181,743, Townsville hosts one of the five mainland trial sites for the National Broadband Network.
The government-owned NBN Co will roll-out and operate fibre to 3100 premises in Aitkenvale and Mundingburra as one of the five mainland trial sites for the National Broadband Network.
NBN Co has contracted seven construction companies to create design blueprints for the construction of these sites. Construction began in July 2010 with the first services expected to go live in the first quarter of 2011.
On 8 July 2010, NBN Co announced that the Townsville area would be expanded to a further 3,000 properties as part of the second release sites. Construction is set to begin in the second quarter of 2011.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Check your Future Risk
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE