The regional town of Townsville is a major area in Queensland after the state capital, Brisbane. The roll-out area covers areas of the town’s suburbs of Aitkenvale and Mundingburra.
The Queensland city of Townsville is a major regional town after the state capital, Brisbane. With an estimated population of 181,743, Townsville hosts one of the five mainland trial sites for the National Broadband Network.
The government-owned NBN Co will roll-out and operate fibre to 3100 premises in Aitkenvale and Mundingburra as one of the five mainland trial sites for the National Broadband Network.
NBN Co has contracted seven construction companies to create design blueprints for the construction of these sites. Construction began in July 2010 with the first services expected to go live in the first quarter of 2011.
On 8 July 2010, NBN Co announced that the Townsville area would be expanded to a further 3,000 properties as part of the second release sites. Construction is set to begin in the second quarter of 2011.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!