Tasmania has been chosen as an NBN test site for the National Broadband Network (NBN).
As part of formulating and testing construction techniques, the government plans to:
“fast-track negotiations with the Tasmanian Government, as suggested by the Panel of Experts, to build upon its National Broadband Network proposal to begin the rollout of a FTTP network and next generation wireless services in Tasmania as early as July.”
After a tender process, Aurora Energy, was chosen to roll-out backhaul fibre between points of interconnect in Tasmania, as well as fibre to the premises in conjunction with Tasmania NBN Co (TNBN Co).
The Tasmanian test sites will be rolled out in three stages. The first stage covers the towns of Midway Point, Scottsdale and Smithton, with intentions to deliver the first NBN services beginning July from Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Internode, iiNet and iPrimus.
Second stage towns include Sorell, Deloraine, George Town, St Helens, Triabunna, Kingston Beach and South Hobart.
90,000 premises will be connected in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie, as part of the roll-out’s third stage.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms