- Russian SMS Trojan for Android hits US, dozens of other countries
- Report: Attackers have their sights set on the cloud
- Data breaches can be traced back to nine attack 'patterns', says Verizon report
- SMS spam rises in UK as 'accident compensation' scammers get busy
- Verizon breach report makes case for behavioral analytics
Tasmania has been chosen as an NBN test site for the National Broadband Network (NBN).
As part of formulating and testing construction techniques, the government plans to:
“fast-track negotiations with the Tasmanian Government, as suggested by the Panel of Experts, to build upon its National Broadband Network proposal to begin the rollout of a FTTP network and next generation wireless services in Tasmania as early as July.”
After a tender process, Aurora Energy, was chosen to roll-out backhaul fibre between points of interconnect in Tasmania, as well as fibre to the premises in conjunction with Tasmania NBN Co (TNBN Co).
The Tasmanian test sites will be rolled out in three stages. The first stage covers the towns of Midway Point, Scottsdale and Smithton, with intentions to deliver the first NBN services beginning July from Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Internode, iiNet and iPrimus.
Second stage towns include Sorell, Deloraine, George Town, St Helens, Triabunna, Kingston Beach and South Hobart.
90,000 premises will be connected in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie, as part of the roll-out’s third stage.
The IT industry has been abuzz promoting the idea of virtual desktop infrastructure. But despite its advantages, adoption has been slow, and many organizations have abandoned their VDI initiatives. This paper explores how a new flash-based approach can overcome the key VDI pitfalls, and deliver a solution that both end-users and IT administrators will love.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- Salesforce at 15: Industry disruptor wards off midlife crisis
- Branded comments and shares a growing part of the social engagement mix for marketers
- 8 things we learnt about big data analytics from the Adobe Summit
- AdRoll secures US$70 million to ramp up retargeting platform development