- How the Internet of Things is reshaping the future of security
- Aussie banks targeted by botnets: Report
- Week in review: RSA conference wrap; Brandis wants private-public security alliance
- eBay’s Magento pushes patch after credit card threat
- Mobile users 'more likely to be struck by lightning' than infected by malware
Geraldton is a regional backbone 'black spot’, which is being provided as part of a national project by fibre provider, NextGen Network. As part of the tender, regional communities that may be addressed on proposed routes could include Dongara and Port Denison.
The blackspot fibre rollout will span from Perth to Geraldton and Dongara/Port Denison. The fibre will ultimately reach to the Murchison area too, which is the location of one of the satellites involved in Australia and New Zealand’s joint bid for the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) astronomical project.