- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, March 30
- British Airways notifies frequent flyers of possible breach of their accounts
- Opponents restate security, scope concerns as metadata retention becomes Australian law
- The week in security: Now law in Australia, data retention challenged overseas
- GitHub recovering from massive DDoS attacks
Geraldton is a regional backbone 'black spot’, which is being provided as part of a national project by fibre provider, NextGen Network. As part of the tender, regional communities that may be addressed on proposed routes could include Dongara and Port Denison.
The blackspot fibre rollout will span from Perth to Geraldton and Dongara/Port Denison. The fibre will ultimately reach to the Murchison area too, which is the location of one of the satellites involved in Australia and New Zealand’s joint bid for the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) astronomical project.