- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, July 6
- Leak of ZeusVM malware building tool might cause botnet surge
- Italian surveillance software maker, Hacking Team, allegedly breached
- Bitcoin glitch expected to abate as software upgrades continue
- The week in security: Australian governments, telcos least trusted to protect personal data
Geraldton is a regional backbone 'black spot’, which is being provided as part of a national project by fibre provider, NextGen Network. As part of the tender, regional communities that may be addressed on proposed routes could include Dongara and Port Denison.
The blackspot fibre rollout will span from Perth to Geraldton and Dongara/Port Denison. The fibre will ultimately reach to the Murchison area too, which is the location of one of the satellites involved in Australia and New Zealand’s joint bid for the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) astronomical project.
- Humans again to blame for latest accidents involving Google autonomous cars
- Microsoft offers researchers $500K to work on HoloLens
- Microsoft is just days away from wrapping up Windows 10
- iPhone 7 rumor rollup: Apple's just going to have all the money, production revs up
- Cisco invests in virtual networker