- 30 July 2008 09:38
Yellowfin BI 4.0 with Location Intelligence; BI for the masses
Yellowfin, a leading Australian Business Intelligence (BI) software developer, today announced the release of its enhanced flagship solution, Yellowfin Business Intelligence 4.0. The new version has an improved user interface using Web 2.0 technologies to deliver an exceptional user experience as well as a range of new functional elements including Location Intelligence.
Launched in 2004, Yellowfin is designed to be easy to use, bringing the benefits of business intelligence to a wider range of business users in an organisation. It is fully Web-based, intuitive to use, easy to deploy and has a low total cost of ownership. The use of wizards and standard Web navigation means that anyone comfortable using a Web browser can quickly visualise data through the use of charting, trending, dashboards and alerts.
According to Glen Rabie, Yellowfin’s CEO, the company has continued to focus on developing innovative BI technologies.
“Yellowfin is committed to providing Web-based BI software that is not only an enjoyable user experience but also delivers insight through advanced data visualisation,” he outlined.
The addition of Location Intelligence to Yellowfin allows organisations to introduce location-based reporting into the business decision making process without requiring Geographic Information Systems (GIS) expertise. Yellowfin 4.0 enables a variety of mapping visualisations to be used including Google Maps, Heat Maps or fully-enabled GIS data-type rendering.
“With Yellowfin 4.0, we have taken two mature technologies (BI and GIS) and combined them, creating a unique symbiosis that generates new ways to visualise data. Organisations will find map visualisation allows them to remove the usual constraints associated with traditional charts and table concepts and instead explore data based on spatial elements,” said Rabie.
“We have opened up this rich functionality to the casual business user who can now understand the benefits of location-based reporting in the business decision making cycle. You no longer have to be a GIS expert to gain location-based insights.”
Yellowfin Business Intelligence has been creating a quiet revolution with its easy-to-use, Web-dedicated, embeddable Business Intelligence software . More than 80 per cent of its revenues now come from overseas, sold through either resellers or OEM partners that embed Yellowfin into their applications.
“Yellowfin 4.0 is a significant enhancement which will be welcomed by our customers and partners. We have provided a host of new functional elements and retained the emphasis on improving the existing application,” Rabie said. “A large part of Yellowfin 4.0 has been focussed on enhancing existing functionality by altering the user interface. To this end we have completely re-designed the view builder and chart designer using the latest in AJAX techniques to provide a truly ‘wow’ factor to what is generally perceived as a mundane task.”
This continued investment in the user interface is indicative of Yellowfin’s development philosophy. “We don't believe in technology that you have to read the manual to use. Our goal has always been to refine the user interface with a highly intuitive workflow to guide the user through what is traditionally seen as complex processes,” Rabie explained.
“Yellowfin 4.0 is another leap forward for us, our clients and our partner base. We are excited about the benefits that it will deliver to our customers, providing them with additional capability to explore, mine and visualise their data,” Rabie concluded.
About Yellowfin www.yellowfin.bi Yellowfin is an Australian Business Intelligence company whose BI solution can be easily integrated into any third party application or delivered as a stand alone enterprise platform. Yellowfin is an innovative and flexible 100% web-based solution for reporting and analytics, providing a full range of data access, presentation and information delivery capabilities. For further information please contact: Glen Rabie Yellowfin +61 3 9642 2241 Shuna Boyd BoydPR +61 2 9418 8100
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is