- City of London Police brings in Kaspersky to train officers to tackle cybercrime
- US agencies to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry
- Should companies practice data retention or data destruction?
- CISOs Can Combat APTs with a Bit of Preparation
- Researchers build security framework for Android
- 30 July 2008 09:38
Yellowfin BI 4.0 with Location Intelligence; BI for the masses
Yellowfin, a leading Australian Business Intelligence (BI) software developer, today announced the release of its enhanced flagship solution, Yellowfin Business Intelligence 4.0. The new version has an improved user interface using Web 2.0 technologies to deliver an exceptional user experience as well as a range of new functional elements including Location Intelligence.
Launched in 2004, Yellowfin is designed to be easy to use, bringing the benefits of business intelligence to a wider range of business users in an organisation. It is fully Web-based, intuitive to use, easy to deploy and has a low total cost of ownership. The use of wizards and standard Web navigation means that anyone comfortable using a Web browser can quickly visualise data through the use of charting, trending, dashboards and alerts.
According to Glen Rabie, Yellowfin’s CEO, the company has continued to focus on developing innovative BI technologies.
“Yellowfin is committed to providing Web-based BI software that is not only an enjoyable user experience but also delivers insight through advanced data visualisation,” he outlined.
The addition of Location Intelligence to Yellowfin allows organisations to introduce location-based reporting into the business decision making process without requiring Geographic Information Systems (GIS) expertise. Yellowfin 4.0 enables a variety of mapping visualisations to be used including Google Maps, Heat Maps or fully-enabled GIS data-type rendering.
“With Yellowfin 4.0, we have taken two mature technologies (BI and GIS) and combined them, creating a unique symbiosis that generates new ways to visualise data. Organisations will find map visualisation allows them to remove the usual constraints associated with traditional charts and table concepts and instead explore data based on spatial elements,” said Rabie.
“We have opened up this rich functionality to the casual business user who can now understand the benefits of location-based reporting in the business decision making cycle. You no longer have to be a GIS expert to gain location-based insights.”
Yellowfin Business Intelligence has been creating a quiet revolution with its easy-to-use, Web-dedicated, embeddable Business Intelligence software . More than 80 per cent of its revenues now come from overseas, sold through either resellers or OEM partners that embed Yellowfin into their applications.
“Yellowfin 4.0 is a significant enhancement which will be welcomed by our customers and partners. We have provided a host of new functional elements and retained the emphasis on improving the existing application,” Rabie said. “A large part of Yellowfin 4.0 has been focussed on enhancing existing functionality by altering the user interface. To this end we have completely re-designed the view builder and chart designer using the latest in AJAX techniques to provide a truly ‘wow’ factor to what is generally perceived as a mundane task.”
This continued investment in the user interface is indicative of Yellowfin’s development philosophy. “We don't believe in technology that you have to read the manual to use. Our goal has always been to refine the user interface with a highly intuitive workflow to guide the user through what is traditionally seen as complex processes,” Rabie explained.
“Yellowfin 4.0 is another leap forward for us, our clients and our partner base. We are excited about the benefits that it will deliver to our customers, providing them with additional capability to explore, mine and visualise their data,” Rabie concluded.
About Yellowfin www.yellowfin.bi Yellowfin is an Australian Business Intelligence company whose BI solution can be easily integrated into any third party application or delivered as a stand alone enterprise platform. Yellowfin is an innovative and flexible 100% web-based solution for reporting and analytics, providing a full range of data access, presentation and information delivery capabilities. For further information please contact: Glen Rabie Yellowfin +61 3 9642 2241 Shuna Boyd BoydPR +61 2 9418 8100
- FireEye highlights virtualisation and security opportunities in Sydney (+15 photos)
- Vaya undercuts major telcos with launch of NBN plans
- Meru Networks, Wavelink and Compulec deploy wireless solution at The Glennie School
- AWS Cloud boosts Bulletproof revenues
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Build a private Cloud but don’t forget the software, says EMC
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison turns 70 with no retirement in sight
- FDA approves tech that turns smartphone into stroke warning system
- Sprint drops second shoe: $60 unlimited voice, text, data plan
- A review of Swing Copters: Under no circumstances should you play this game
- US lawmaker wants to rebrand net neutrality
- Expedia MD: How we're rallying around the customer
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets