- NSA spying revelations have tired out China's Huawei
- Coding error protects some Android apps from Heartbleed
- While Heartbleed distracts, hackers hit US universities
- Espionage outpacing financial crime as better reporting improves security picture: Verizon
- Apple patches Secure Transport, but not because of Heartbleed
- 8 August 2012 11:35
Avaya Announces the Next Leap Forward in Business Collaboration with Avaya Aura® Conferencing
• Avaya Aura® Conferencing 7.0 and Avaya Flare® Experience streamline collaboration with easy-to-use, all-in-one audio/web conferencing integrated into unified communications
• Enables secure, cost-effective “share from anywhere” capabilities for mobile collaboration and BYOD initiatives
• Built on standards-based, open architecture, designed to extend Avaya Aura® Communication Manager and Avaya Communication Server 1000 communication environments for high performance and scalability
For Immediate Release: Tuesday August 7, 2012
Basking Ridge, N.J. – Avaya, a global provider of business communications and collaboration systems, software and services, today announced the next advancement for business collaboration with Avaya Aura® Conferencing 7.0, the latest version of the company’s multi-modal conferencing solution. The company also announced the availability of the Avaya Flare® Experience for Apple iPad tablets and Microsoft Windows-based PCs and laptops, along with a new version of its Avaya Aura unified communications platform and expanded mobility for the Avaya Communication Server 1000 (CS1000).
The Avaya Aura Conferencing 7.0 solution enables session-based, unified voice and web collaboration from anywhere using desktop Macs or PCs, tablets, and smartphones. Supported by the open, standards-based SIP architecture of Avaya Aura 6.2, Avaya Aura Conferencing 7.0 provides the high-performance, high scalability and security required by enterprises while enabling the flexibility needed for mobile collaboration and BYOD environments. The new collaboration solution provides a number of user and business benefits, including:
• One-stop access from the intuitive, collaboration user interface of the Avaya Flare Experience on Apple iPad tablets and Microsoft Windows PCs or laptops, for communications and multimodal collaboration, voice, document sharing, IM/presence, email and consolidated corporate and personal directories.
• A zero-install, Collaboration Agent client that makes it easy for participants to collaborate using any Web browser or iPhone, and that works seamlessly with the Avaya Flare Experience clients on iPad tablets and Windows PCs/laptops.
• Visual and contextual controls that help eliminate most or all of the typical disruptions of traditional conference sessions, such as announcing or identifying attendees, background noise, speaker identification, etc.
• Scalability to handle 7,500 active conferencing sessions supporting workers located virtually anywhere to eliminate or reduce the cost of outside services.
• A distributed, open architecture and built-in intelligence that helps reduce and manage bandwidth usage and adapts as needed to make it easy on the network and the budget.
Avaya Aura Conferencing 7.0 is available for $140 per user with the Collaboration Agent browser interface and for $190 per user with the addition of Avaya Flare Experience for Windows operating systems and iPad tablets. The collaboration solution is supported by the newest version of Avaya Aura (6.2) and can connect to either Avaya Aura Communication Manager or Avaya CS 1000 systems.
Avaya CS 1000 customers can add an Avaya Aura-based Collaboration Pack, a single server solution that brings SIP capabilities of Avaya Aura and mobility choices to CS 1000 users. The Collaboration Pack now includes Avaya Flare Communicator and Avaya one-X® Mobile SIP for iOS.
This announcement highlights Avaya’s commitment to the “Power of We™” to enable faster collaboration, smarter decisions and better business results.
“Our goal is to centralize all of our communications and collaboration solutions and reduce or eliminate the current technology fragmentation that eats up budget and resources across different departments and agencies. From our perspective, we believe Avaya Aura Conferencing 7.0 and Avaya Flare Experience with Avaya Aura hold the key we need to a unified approach from the core that provides a true unified experience for our users.”
Duane Schell, Director, Network Services, State of North Dakota
“There are many things we like about Conferencing 7.0 with Avaya Flare Experience. It’s easy to swipe contacts into the spotlight for a conference, and to share all kinds of content with people and partners so they have complete understanding. I know exactly who is in the session without taking a roll call, and can easily mute a line that’s creating a distraction for the rest of the attendees. It’s great that speech and web-conferencing can be done through the same interface, and the audio has been clear every time. We are already heavy users of audio-conferencing solutions and are excited about the potential of the web and video conferencing provided through this solution.”
Deepa Kurup, Assistant Director of Network Operations, University of South Florida
"The Avaya Aura Conferencing 7.0 solution could potentially be an intrinsic part of an enterprise’s collaboration roadmap and strategy especially in the Asia Pacific region. It is architected to ensure high scalability that allows integration of a full suite of collaboration and business applications. In addition, it is highly compatible with multiple mobile operating systems so that virtual and mobile employees can have the same experience. All these factors have business transformational elements impacting enterprises resulting in enhanced collaboration, revenue generation, and improved customer centricity."
Adrian Dominic Ho, Principal Analyst - Telecom and Managed Services, Networking Research, IDC Asia Pacific Additional Resources
Aura Conferencing 7.0 and Avaya Flare Experience YouTube Video Mobile Collaboration for Enterprises Working at the Speed of Business with Avaya Mobility Solutions Video
TAGS: Avaya, Avaya Aura, business collaboration, conferencing, BYOD, consumerization of IT, mobile collaboration, audio conferencing, web conferencing, content sharing
About Avaya Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov/. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. ###
Media Contact: Veronica Colvin Watterson Marketing Communications (02) 9929 7533
This webcast explores how All-Flash enterprise storage compares to traditional disk-centric arrays. Learn how to best leverage Flash so databases thrive and limitations of I/O disappear, while exploring the pitfalls and peculiarities of Flash, and how to optimise its performance as a storage solution to ensure reliance, predictability and cost savings for a variety of enterprise workloads.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- Salesforce at 15: Industry disruptor wards off midlife crisis
- Branded comments and shares a growing part of the social engagement mix for marketers
- 8 things we learnt about big data analytics from the Adobe Summit
- AdRoll secures US$70 million to ramp up retargeting platform development