- AusCERT 2013: What's it like to be a 'Nigerian scam' victim?
- AusCERT 2013: Ashley Deuble: Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion
- AusCERT 2013: World needs debate about “hack-back” rules of engagement
- AusCERT 2013: Police urge banks to install ATM chip technology
- Twitter aims to become safer with two-step sign-in
- 8 August 2012 09:24
LogMeIn Central makes securing remote PCs simple with new anti-virus monitoring and management capabilities
Sydney, Australia, August 8, 2012 – LogMeIn, Inc. (NASDAQ: LOGM) just released a new update to its IT automation and management product, LogMeIn Central, that makes it easy to monitor and manage hundreds of versions of anti-virus software through a single, centralised interface. The new capabilities, which include support for popular anti-virus software offerings like Norton, AVG, McAfee, Kaspersky, and Microsoft Security Essentials, give IT professionals the ability to monitor anti-virus installations, run full threat scans, and receive virus threat detections on any number of remote PCs under management. As a result, IT professionals can manage all anti-virus installations – regardless of brand preference -- from a single tool.
LogMeIn’s new Anti-Virus Management feature is designed to let IT professionals:
• Verify anti-virus software is installed and enabled on remote PCs and servers
• Check virus definitions and update if necessary
• Confirm real-time protection is on and turn on if needed
• See last full scan time and initiate full scan if needed
• View a threat log with viruses found on remote computers
• Secure PCs and servers running Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008
Additional information, including a video demonstration of the new capabilities, is available at LogMeIn’s product blog (http://B.LogMe.In).
“When we talked to our customers about anti-virus management, it was clear that threat detection and security are critical mandates, but to date, monitoring and managing a mixed environment of anti-virus products has been a cumbersome task,” said Matt Kaplan, LogMeIn’s Vice President of Products. “The new capabilities in LogMeIn Central were designed to centralise and simplify the most common tasks associated with anti-virus management in a way that makes securing hundreds or even thousands of machines under management incredibly efficient.”
Interest in the new Anti-Virus Management capability was especially high amongst LogMeIn’s managed service provider (MSP) and IT consultant customers, whose businesses often rely on the ability to manage a wide variety of anti-virus software brands and versions.
“Ensuring our clients systems are secure means working with a wide range of anti-virus solutions, and that translates into using several tools as well as a lot of repetitive tasks. With the new Anti-Virus Management capabilities in Central, we can get a nice, centralised view of all security risks impacting our clients systems, and a much more efficient means of taking quick, effective action,” said Larry Velez, CTO, Sinu, a NY-based MSP and LogMeIn customer. “The key for us is how to deliver a superior level of client service in ways that help us grow our business, and we believe the new capabilities of LogMeIn Central will go a long way to achieving that perfect balance.”
Pricing and availability New versions of LogMeIn Central featuring the new Anti-Virus Management capability are immediately available at https://LogMeIn.com. Pricing and packages are available on LogMeIn.com. The new capabilities are available as a free update to existing LogMeIn Central users. Free 30-day trials of LogMeIn Central are available on LogMeIn’s website.
• Additional details about the new anti-virus management capabilities: http://B.LogMe.In
• Video demonstration of the new capabilities: http://b.logme.in/2012/07/30/anti-virus-management/
• Product details about LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn’s remote management offering: https://secure.logmein.com/AU/products/central/
• LogMeIn Central Windows Updates, patch management announcement: https://investor.logmein.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=593802
• LogMeIn Central automation announcement: https://investor.LogMeIn.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=517498
About LogMeIn, Inc. LogMeIn (NASDAQ: LOGM) provides essential cloud-based services to individuals, businesses, and IT organisations for remote access, collaboration, customer care, and remote IT management. These services are used by more than 15 million people to quickly, simply and securely connect over 150 million internet-enabled devices across the globe — computers, smartphones, iPad™ and Android™ tablets, and digital displays. LogMeIn is based in Woburn, Massachusetts, USA, with offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Japan, the Netherlands, and the UK.
LogMeIn is a registered trademark of LogMeIn in the U.S. and other countries. iPad trademarks of Apple, Inc., Microsoft is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation, McAfee is a trademark of Intel Corporation, Norton is a trademark of Symantec Corporation and Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries around the world.
# # #
+61 2 8016 2200
+61 422 472 883
+61 2 8016 2200
It can be argued that what distinguishes midsize businesses most from large and small companies is not size, but attitude. While attitude alone cannot mitigate the challenges faced by midsize businesses, technology can help. And no technology offers more promise than the cloud. This paper, explores midsize business challenges from the perspective, not of the IT department, but of the line of business managers they support. Read on.
Dropbox is a sharing tool that allows you to synchronize your documents, as well share files with others. It automatically uploads the files to the ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes
- Vodafone revenue and profit drop as European troubles continue
- Apple to tell Senate it pays every cent of its taxes
- Cash visibility tops list in first Asia-Pacific treasury report