- 2 August 2012 09:05
Eaton Launches UPS Solution for Australian SMEs
2 August 2012 - Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced the launch of the Eaton® 9E UPS power quality solution ideal for Australian SMEs who require an energy-efficient, highly reliable and compact power solution for their data centre and other applications demanding consistent power protection.
The Eaton 9E UPS features a transformer-free design with sophisticated sensing and control circuitry to achieve up to 98% efficiency rating and provide maximum load protection in its advanced High Efficiency mode. It provides surge suppression for the load, detects the location of faults and takes appropriate action. 9E switches to double-conversion operation in less than four milliseconds.
“Eaton understands the challenge of increasing loads in data centres and the need for efficient and robust power backup with a small footprint. The 9E UPS is designed to deliver high energy efficiency and reliability in a compact size to support critical applications requiring unswerving power protection,” says Michael Mallia, Senior product Line Manager, Asia pacific, Electrical Sector, Eaton Corporation.
Patented Eaton Hot Sync® technology makes it possible to parallel up to four UPSs to increase availability or add capacity. This enables load sharing without any communication line, thus eliminating the potential for a single point of failure.
Organisations seeking space savings will also benefit from the 9E UPS consuming up to a 35 per cent smaller floor space footprint than similar solution. Its 600mm wide UPS cabinet enables seamless “in row” integration with IT racks.
Additional key features include:
- User Interface: Large LCD graphically displays UPS status and offers easy access to measurements, controls and settings.
- Connectivity: The Eaton Mini-Slot connectivity card enables users to monitor, manage and remotely shutdown UPSs across the network
- Software: Eaton’s Intelligent Power® Software Suite incorporates two important applications for ensuring quality power and uptime: monitoring and management of power devices across the network combined with automatic, graceful shutdown when faced with an extended power outage.
The 9E UPS is available in ratings from 80kVA to 200kVA.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2011 sales of US $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 73,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat