- 15 February 2012 12:50
Websense Extends Security Leadership with High-Performing X-Series Modular Chassis that Scales for Large Enterprises and Prevents Data Loss
Sydney - February 15, 2012— Large enterprises and service providers urgently need a scalable way to stop advanced malware and data theft that is easily evading first-generation web proxies. Content security leader Websense has the answer - the new Websense® X10G model. It is a highly available and scalable system with critical real-time data-aware contextual defences, which are applied to all inbound and outbound requests, and that defend against advanced malware and prevent intellectual property theft.
“The new Websense X10G will be well received by Fortune 500 customers because it has the performance and scale that they need to be secure given the realities of today’s threats,” said Jeff Wilson, principal security analyst for Infonetics Research. “Websense is improving security technology by examining web and data content as it attempts to enter and leave an organisation. The company continues to innovate and deliver security technology that protects organisations from the latest malware while proving its proficiency in data theft protection. Real-time malware security that isn’t based on static updates is a must-have to combat today’s cybercriminals.”
In the new Websense X-Series product line, the Websense X10G modular chassis architecture goes beyond traditional legacy web gateways that rely on antivirus (AV) and static URL filtering. Through the Websense TRITON architecture, the X10G is unmatched in its ability to correlate unified security intelligence in real time for multiple classifiers such as security, data, and content for all requests. It also allows IT to set policies once across platforms and provides a “single pane of glass” for management and reporting.
“Websense is the established leader in web and data security and the X10G is targeted to address the unique security needs of large enterprises and service providers with its market-leading performance, linear scalability, and aggressive real-time security that is unmatched,” said John McCormack, president, Websense. “First generation proxies and firewalls are no match for the targeted attacks and dangerous malware that cybercriminals unleash against organisations. The Websense X10G and TRITON architecture gives you the unique choice to deploy on-premise appliances and leverage cloud security services to protect against the latest threats and keep confidential data safe. Aggressive security on all requests, with unique security intelligence from the Websense ThreatSeeker® Network, and industry-leading performance and availability isn’t something our competitors can offer.”
Before the X10G, organisations with a large volume of users and network traffic had to settle on a reduced security posture to not jeopardise network availability. Now, any global organisation can use the X10G in their headquarters, and protect remote workers and small branch offices with a unified cloud delivery capability. The X10G model supports up to 16 blades, so it can scale from 10,000 to 100,000 users per chassis. No other solution:
· provides real-time composite risk scoring of security, data, and content classifiers combined with real-time cloud security intelligence and analytics
· embeds enterprise-class DLP for data-aware contextual security policies
· classifies individual social networking and other web 2.0 pages in real time across all policy categories
· unifies management of cloud and on-premise deployment options for a “single pane of glass” administration experience with policy re-use
The new Websense X10G supports the award-winning Websense TRITON architecture, which over the past three years has unified web, email, and data security across cloud, on-premise, and unique hybrid deployments. Websense technology innovation and leadership has also been recognised by numerous industry analysts. For example, Gartner, Inc. positioned Websense as a leader in its "Magic Quadrant for Content-Aware Data Loss Prevention (i) and “Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Security Gateway.”(ii)
The proven security effectiveness of the TRITON solution is based on ACE (the Websense Advanced Classification Engine). ACE integrates real-time security, data, and content analysis into composite assessments. These assessments are based on real-time security intelligence and analytics from the Websense ThreatSeeker® Network - which contains more than 850 million end points covering social networking, blogs, email, and web traffic. It is the largest security intelligence network on the web.
The X10G model and the TRITON architecture are also backed by Websense support services, which have won numerous awards, including Association of Support Professionals (ASP) 2011 and 2010 awards for “The Year’s Ten Best Support Web Sites”, plus Service Capability & Performance (SCP) Support Standard certification.
(i) Source: Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Content-Aware Data Loss Prevention” by Eric Ouellet and Rob McMillan, August 10, 2011.
(ii) Source: Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway" by Lawrence Orans and Peter Firstbrook, May 25, 2011.
About Websense, Inc.
Websense, Inc. (NASDAQ: WBSN), a global leader in unified web security, email security, and data loss prevention (DLP) solutions, delivers the best content security for modern threats at the lowest total cost of ownership to tens of thousands of enterprise, mid-market and small organisations around the world. Distributed through a global network of channel partners and delivered as appliance-based software or Security-as-a-Service (SaaS), Websense content security solutions help organisations leverage web 2.0 and cloud-based communication, collaboration, and social media, while protecting from advanced persistent threats and modern malware, preventing the loss of confidential information, and enforcing internet use and security policies. Websense is headquartered in San Diego, California with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.websense.com.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals