- 16 March 2011 15:48
Australian Department of Defence to Deploy Avaya Gigabit Ethernet Solutions throughout Australia
Defence Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions must allow for extremely demanding communication needs across the organization. The ICT design is highly complex to meet the needs of military personnel in the field in addition to the standard requirements of its ninety thousand corporate users. It must enable the secure transfer of information between the Australian Government and its allies, and connect people, aircraft, ships and land vehicles to a single information environment. The upgrade will include deployment of Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 8000 Series products, alongside Avaya ERS 5000 and Avaya ERS 4500. The solution provides the Department of Defence with high-density Ethernet connectivity as well as ‘always-on’ networking for Defence’s critical sites. The switching equipment’s ability to provide scale and sub-second failover across the entire network allows the utilisation of all of the network resources to their maximum potential.
“We have a long standing relationship with The Australian Department of Defence and our sophisticated networking solutions are a perfect match for its mission critical operations,” said Rob Wells, Managing Director Avaya, Australia and New Zealand. “Avaya solutions deliver the no compromise resiliency, security and reliability that are table-stakes for an organisation like Defence, and do so at a total cost of ownership that is among the lowest in the industry. Defence has a robust network, and Australians don’t have to pay over the odds to achieve it.”
The Avaya ERS 8600 combines Terabit performance with Avaya’s unique reliability technologies to create the basis of a Resilient Terabit Cluster solution. The chassis-based ERS 8600 scales up to 240 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 24 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports as well as enabling LAN connectivity and Wave Division Multiplexing technologies.
The Avaya ERS 5600 series is a set of premium, high-performance, highly efficient, stackable switches with comprehensive Layer 3 routing, advanced security and unified communications features. As a flexible, multi-role platform, the ERS 5600 is suitable for wiring closet, data center aggregation and network core applications.
The Avaya Data Solutions portfolio spans Ethernet switching, wireless networking, unified branch, access control and unified management solutions. Avaya deployed the data network equipment solution for the recent 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, delivering an always-on, converged solution to support the network traffic needed to run the Games.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.