- Prevention is better than cure, but what if it's not enough?
- Users smallest source of concern despite causing most security breaches: CompTIA
- Security Watch: SecurEnvoy partners with Connector Systems in new distro deal
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- Police investigations threatened as metadata retention feeds telephony diaspora
- 16 March 2011 15:48
Australian Department of Defence to Deploy Avaya Gigabit Ethernet Solutions throughout Australia
Defence Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions must allow for extremely demanding communication needs across the organization. The ICT design is highly complex to meet the needs of military personnel in the field in addition to the standard requirements of its ninety thousand corporate users. It must enable the secure transfer of information between the Australian Government and its allies, and connect people, aircraft, ships and land vehicles to a single information environment. The upgrade will include deployment of Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 8000 Series products, alongside Avaya ERS 5000 and Avaya ERS 4500. The solution provides the Department of Defence with high-density Ethernet connectivity as well as ‘always-on’ networking for Defence’s critical sites. The switching equipment’s ability to provide scale and sub-second failover across the entire network allows the utilisation of all of the network resources to their maximum potential.
“We have a long standing relationship with The Australian Department of Defence and our sophisticated networking solutions are a perfect match for its mission critical operations,” said Rob Wells, Managing Director Avaya, Australia and New Zealand. “Avaya solutions deliver the no compromise resiliency, security and reliability that are table-stakes for an organisation like Defence, and do so at a total cost of ownership that is among the lowest in the industry. Defence has a robust network, and Australians don’t have to pay over the odds to achieve it.”
The Avaya ERS 8600 combines Terabit performance with Avaya’s unique reliability technologies to create the basis of a Resilient Terabit Cluster solution. The chassis-based ERS 8600 scales up to 240 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 24 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports as well as enabling LAN connectivity and Wave Division Multiplexing technologies.
The Avaya ERS 5600 series is a set of premium, high-performance, highly efficient, stackable switches with comprehensive Layer 3 routing, advanced security and unified communications features. As a flexible, multi-role platform, the ERS 5600 is suitable for wiring closet, data center aggregation and network core applications.
The Avaya Data Solutions portfolio spans Ethernet switching, wireless networking, unified branch, access control and unified management solutions. Avaya deployed the data network equipment solution for the recent 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, delivering an always-on, converged solution to support the network traffic needed to run the Games.
- 5 for 15: Sumal Karunanayake, ForgeRock senior vice-president Asia-Pacific and Japan
- 5 for 15: Todd Parsons, Avaya Australia and New Zealand channel director
- Aussie appetite for fast broadband proves to be insatiable
- Dicker Data partners NEXTDC to provide "affordable" Cloud solutions
- There should be a ‘when, not if’ approach to security issues in the channel: LogRhythm
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management
- CMO Interview: What it takes to be a smart marketing chief
- How NPS has helped NIB keep customers
- Report reveals obstacle to better customer service is organisational, not technical
- Stackla and Hootsuite partner to launch new social media integration