- DHS warns employees that years-old database hole puts their privacy at risk
- Twitter's two-step authentication a good start, experts say
- U.S. urged to let companies 'hack-back' at IP cyber thieves
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- 16 March 2011 15:48
Australian Department of Defence to Deploy Avaya Gigabit Ethernet Solutions throughout Australia
Defence Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions must allow for extremely demanding communication needs across the organization. The ICT design is highly complex to meet the needs of military personnel in the field in addition to the standard requirements of its ninety thousand corporate users. It must enable the secure transfer of information between the Australian Government and its allies, and connect people, aircraft, ships and land vehicles to a single information environment. The upgrade will include deployment of Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 8000 Series products, alongside Avaya ERS 5000 and Avaya ERS 4500. The solution provides the Department of Defence with high-density Ethernet connectivity as well as ‘always-on’ networking for Defence’s critical sites. The switching equipment’s ability to provide scale and sub-second failover across the entire network allows the utilisation of all of the network resources to their maximum potential.
“We have a long standing relationship with The Australian Department of Defence and our sophisticated networking solutions are a perfect match for its mission critical operations,” said Rob Wells, Managing Director Avaya, Australia and New Zealand. “Avaya solutions deliver the no compromise resiliency, security and reliability that are table-stakes for an organisation like Defence, and do so at a total cost of ownership that is among the lowest in the industry. Defence has a robust network, and Australians don’t have to pay over the odds to achieve it.”
The Avaya ERS 8600 combines Terabit performance with Avaya’s unique reliability technologies to create the basis of a Resilient Terabit Cluster solution. The chassis-based ERS 8600 scales up to 240 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 24 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports as well as enabling LAN connectivity and Wave Division Multiplexing technologies.
The Avaya ERS 5600 series is a set of premium, high-performance, highly efficient, stackable switches with comprehensive Layer 3 routing, advanced security and unified communications features. As a flexible, multi-role platform, the ERS 5600 is suitable for wiring closet, data center aggregation and network core applications.
The Avaya Data Solutions portfolio spans Ethernet switching, wireless networking, unified branch, access control and unified management solutions. Avaya deployed the data network equipment solution for the recent 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, delivering an always-on, converged solution to support the network traffic needed to run the Games.
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
When you think Open Source software, you may think of half-baked programs too hard to use, or perhaps lacking power. Well, think again. This Open ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Partners and customers main focus in mobile strategy, says Willis
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Mobile is key to a digital worklife, says CEO (+12 photos)
- ASI brings LapCabby to Australia
- Two in three Australian tweens are on a social network: McAfee
- Huawei Australia 2012 revenue up 61 per cent to $368m
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes