TESTING & QA
Senior Agile Test Analyst
NSW, SydneyPosted on 28.04.2017
Senior Agile Test Analyst
- $115,000 - $125,000 + Superannuation + benefits
- Lead the testing function within the Core Banking stream of one of Australia's leading financial organisations
- Excellent workplace culture, on-site gym, subsidised cafeteria, minimal out of hours' work.
As the leading financial organisation in Australia, they are responsible for all things finance, including rates, foreign exchange, payments (particularly electronic) and financial forecasts for the nation and government to ensure economic stability for the country.
About the role
As the Senior Test Analyst, you will be responsible for the testing of new systems in line with the business and technical requirements, closely following a true Scrum practice. You will work with their Agile Scrum Team and Test Manager in the planning, preparation, hands-on execution and completion of testing; contribute to the implementation and ongoing support of automated testing tools and automated test scripts; and contribute to appropriate tracking and reporting of test progress. Work with the Test Manager to drive quality improvements particularly in the testing space, to ensure a consistent approach to testing and to foster a quality mindset.
Key Position Objectives
- Lead the testing function within Core Banking in line with the business and technical requirements.
- Provide training/mentoring as required.
- Plan and execute testing related deliverables across various test levels that include both functional and non-functional testing.
- Champion continuous improvements and foster a quality mindset across the Program Unit and with external parties including the Vendor.
- Ensure consistent application of testing standards, practices, processes and tools by the vendor and program team.
- Maintain a good working relationship between the vendor, program team and other teams.
- Develop and maintain testing artefacts across all test levels including reporting as appropriate.
- Support a variety of strategic, coordination, planning and day-to-day testing related activities aimed at minimising risk while achieving high levels of quality and efficiency for the program's deliverables in the most pragmatic manner.
Skills & experience
- A thorough understanding of Agile development methodology based on hands-on experience, particularly Scrum.
- Understands that Agile is a behaviour, not just a process!
- A thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Testing in Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience developing Core Banking solutions or experience in the Banking or Financial Services industry
- Strong experience in developing test strategies, approaches and testing practices/processes across diverse test levels, including non-functional testing such as Performance Testing
- Experience developing pragmatic solutions to problems or approaches that ensure the project's key objectives are effectively met while mitigating risks and maintaining the requisite level of quality
- Experience understanding business processes and collaborating with key business stakeholders to help elaborate requirements and assist with change management aspects of the project.
Benefits & culture
Although they are highly critical component to Australia's financial landscape, the workplace culture far exceeds many other in the sector, with a standard week being 37 hours and almost no weekend, out of hours or overtime required. They also have a free on-site gym and a highly-subsidised cafeteria for all employees. Moreover you will be working on one of Australia's most exciting testing and financial project, which will make your resume immeasurably more marketable in the future!
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nick Munro