Senior Network Security Engineer
- Large & Complex Government Organization
- Strong F5 Load Balancing experience
Currently looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer for a wide program of work, Strong F5 Load balancing experience, Cisco, Parramatta
We are currently looking to engage a Senior Network Security Engineer who can support an enterprise wide program of work for a large and complex Government organisation.
Working as part of a well-established and high performing team, you will be responsible for the delivery, support, operations and overall management of inter-networking security services deployed with WAN with special focus on the F5 platform and proxies.
The environment would best suit an experienced professional with both commercial and government expertise.
- Engage in the planning and design of network security systems by evaluating network and security technologies
- Meeting requirements for local area networks (LANs), Wireless LANs, wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, IPS/IDS, and other related security and network devices
- Analyse and define network security events and interpret those to ensure the appropriate actions and escalations are taken.
- Create and maintain documented Network Security Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Maintain security through monitoring and reporting; ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analysis and technical remediation
- Extensive experience in design, implementation and operations delivering Network Infrastructure Security technologies (e.g. Bluecoat Proxy, F5, Firewall, Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Administrative Access Control Systems)
- Strong experience with Cisco Next Generation Firewalls, ACS, IPS and Sourcefire
- Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper, and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Symantec Secure Gateway
- Cisco Routing and Switching Platforms running IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS and IOS-XR
- Recognised industry certifications for example, CCSP, CCIE Security, JNCIP-Sec, F5-CA, F5-CTS, and F5-CSE. F5 and Cisco certifications are highly desirable as is experience in the use of iRules to inspect, analyse, modify, route, redirect or discard traffic.
- Knowledge of Information Security concepts, principles and practices
- Proven experience with F5 Viprions with a focus on LTM, GTM, and APM.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and/or TCL, focusing on automating repetitive non-disruptive workflow tasks (desirable not mandatory).
- Demonstrated experience illustrating high levels of analytical and lateral problem solving skills, particularly relating to analysis of networking , security related events and proxy and load balancing issues
If you are interested in the role, please apply or send updated resume to Ra'id at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ra'id Ahmad on 02 9464 5554. Please quote our job reference number: 200166603.
Reference Number: 200166603_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below