Virtualisation Engineer - IP Networks
- Initial contract to 30th June 2017, potential for extension to Dec 2017
- Immediate start
- Melbourne CBD
Use your knowledge of Network Function Virtualisation and lead the establishment of planning processes to support a new platform within a Telco org!
Initial contract to 30th June 2017, potential for extension to Dec 2017
- Creation of assets to meet customer demand for virtualised network functions.
- Lead ongoing monitoring of the utilisation of critical network resources to identify the need for real-time preventative / corrective actions.
- Synthesise historical and forecast data and combine with Industry and domain knowledge to recommend and subsequently execute the augmentation and changes to Assets.
- Lead review of engineering design limits to help identify areas for improvement
- Participate and where appropriate lead work streams as part of the Network transformation activities including the use of new technologies to automate the provisioning Assets.
- Identify suitable systems to monitor the platform. Facilitate the delivery of the network performance data into preferred data warehouse for ingestion into preferred Planning tool.
- In collaboration with Technology Manager, develop, socialise and maintain deployment standards to support the ongoing platform augmentation of Wireline Network Function Virtualisation (NFVi) infrastructure.
You will have the following:
- Demonstrates in-depth technical and planning knowledge of data & IP networks and the opportunities to virtualise some network functions.
- Knowledge of Data & IP Networks and opportunities to transition to Network Function Virtualisation.
- Network Infrastructure Planning and deployment processes.
- Technology Delivery Processes, in particular Agile and Scrum, hands on experience with JIRA advantages.
- Exposure or hands on experience with Qlik suite of products desirable.
- Direct or indirect experience in telecommunications infrastructure planning, design, construction and operations.
- Sound knowledge of telecommunications current and emerging network technology and future market trends.
- Demonstrated experience with engaging, collaborating, and influencing key stakeholders.
- Extensive, proven and relevant industry experience or relevant tertiary education (Science, IT or Engineering related discipline).
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Reference Number: 200165784_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below