The Future of Computing - Our speakers discuss IT innovation, agility and infrastructure - Canberra
Featuring: Dr Kevin McIsaac, Analyst IBRS
Heralded by some as the biggest game changer since virtualisation, Expert Integrated Systems could revolutionise the world for CIOs. How so? By moving away from focusing on the operational and towards delivering business transformation and competitive advantage.
At this breakfast you will have the chance to hear independent industry experts examine the current reality of integrated solutions along with their analysis of where such systems are going. Also speaking is IBM’s evangelist for Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions and Cloud, who will explain their new offering, IBM PureSystems, in ‘true’ business terms and explore what that means in reality for you as a CIO.
1st August, 2012
120 Commonwealth Ave
Top 5 reasons to attend:
UNDERSTAND the future implications and benefits of integration
COMPARE your current integration solutions with emerging technology
QUESTION IBM on their new Expert Integrated Systems offering – first opportunity in Australia to do so directly
DISCUSS your current issues and challenges in complying with balancing management requirements and technology capabilities
NETWORK with your peers; compare notes, hear other CIOs issues, seek advice, make connections
8:00am – Coffee & Registration. Hot Plated breakfast served at 8.15am
8:30am – Welcome, Tim Mendham, CIO Editor
8:35am – Dr Kevin McIsaac, Analyst, IBRS – Overcoming infrastructure inertia to create IT agility
9:05am – Alan Waite, National Manager, Expert Integrated Systems, IBM A/NZ – IBM’s Expert Integrated Systems – challenging how you think about deploying application infrastructure IBM recently announced a new category of system – Expert Integrated Systems (EIS).
9:35am – Panel Discussion and Interactive Q&A
10:00am – Conclusion
Hyatt Hotel, 120 Commonwealth Ave
- Website: http://www.cio.com.au/expertsystems
- RSVP: Yes
Employees are one of your greatest risks to information security. We share five proven techniques to strengthen your security strategy and protect your business.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Major security flaws threaten satellite communications
- Satellite communication systems rife with security flaws, vulnerable to remote hacks
- Chrome OS may kill the password with Easy Unlock smartphone option
- Hackers try to blackmail plastic surgeon after stealing 500,000 patient records
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size