- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Android phones patched once a year, 87 percent exposed. Which brand is the most secure?
- SaaS discovery tools target growing shadow-IT problem
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
Vodafone Group Plc is one of the world's leading mobile telecommunications companies with a significant presence globally through subsidiary undertakings, joint ventures, associated undertakings and investments. Vodafone Australia was established in 1992 when Vodafone Group Plc won the third mobile license in Australia. In June 2009, Vodafone Australia and 3 mobile merged businesses through a 50:50 joint venture between Vodafone Group and Hutchison 3G Australia, operating under Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA). As of September 2009, there are 6.3 million VHA customers in Australia and Vodafone offers 3G coverage to 94 per cent of Australians via their Vodafone Mobile Broadband, on-the-move.
Phones and Devices: mobile phones, mobile broadband devices, accessories.
Plans and Solutions: mobile phone plans, mobile email, mobile broadband, international roaming & calling, mobile services and messaging.
How to buy
Contact vodafone's business channel partners in Australia (for new business customers):
Bizfone: 1300 249 366
Comms Direct: 1300 979 278
799 Pacific Hwy
Chatswood NSW 2067
Phone:1300 650 410
Latest Stories about
- Vodafone, Google team on mobile search
- 3GSM - 3G capability on cards for laptops
- Cingular PC Card enables worldwide mobile Net access
- Senate quizzes Telstra's search for directors
- 3GSM - Mobile operators target global IM service
- Verizon Business to launch today
- Opera, Bytemobile speed up wireless surfing
- Wireless options expand, forcing IT to be flexible
- Telco engineers top the crop in a fruitful job market
- Mergers, security shaped networking year
- Visto sues Microsoft over wireless e-mail patents
- Vodafone buys Telsim for US$4.5 billion
- Vodafone launches global mobile TV offering
- New mobile-phone roaming services are on the way
- Econet to build network in first half of 2006
- The role of chief digital officer: Destined to become redundant?
- ADMA bases new code of conduct on self-regulation and customer centricity
- Listen and act on customer data, not competitor intelligence, says Pandora MD
- ANZ CTO: Digital disruption is fundamental change accelerated
- Facebook 'Reactions' test adds six emojis to the Like button