Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Is this the year IoT standards will finally make sense?
- Samsung boss to testify in South Korea bribery case
- IBM scores most patents in 2016, Apple doesn’t crack Top 10
- Samsung expects big profit despite Note7 crisis
- Samsung: "Very soon we will be sharing root cause report on Note7"
- Battle lines drawn as Chromebooks, Windows PCs renew rivalry at CES
- Intel says standalone VR is coming by the end of this year
- Toshiba expands recall of laptop battery packs by 83,000 due to burn/fire risk
- TCL targets Apple, Samsung with new BlackBerry handset
- ZigBee's Dotdot language is the latest bid for IoT harmony
- ARM PCs with Windows 10 get a new start with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- 7 dazzling smartphone improvements with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 chip
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow