Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- Legal war with Apple hits Qualcomm's revenue projections
- BlackBerry KEYone sales delayed a month to meet demand
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- 3D NAND to make up half of all flash memory production
- OK, Google, let's put the new voice ID everywhere
- 'Millions' in enterprises expected to buy Galaxy S8
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- What 5G means for your business
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Facebook's Caffe2 AI tools come to iPhone, Android, and Raspberry Pi
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be great phones -- once Bixby works
- Review: Samsung Dex nearly nails smartphone-as-desktop
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S8 fails the likability test