The Strategic Network
So it is with networking. Shrinking budgets and staff, and the constant pressure to reduce operational costs, may have some IT leaders setting their sights very low. Approximately 70 percent of IT investment is spent on “keeping the lights on” - providing basic connectivity and security - leaving precious little for strategic projects to enhance the business. While such tactical thinking is understandable, it also contains many pitfalls. Read more.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities