Why is Cloud Killing off the Archival Tape Library
Traditional tape-based archival is under threat from cloud storage services that act as an offsite archival medium, facilitating integrated and seamless remote disaster recovery sites. The cloud provides all the advantages of disk-based storage while still competing effectively on price. Because the cloud is essentially remote disk-based storage, it is much faster to find and restore exact files or recover entire servers when combined with sector-based, real-time recovery software. Read more.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- A10 Networks’ new channel vision to be delivered by WhiteGold Solutions
- Fujitsu World Tour: Cloud entering third phase of maturity
- Fujitsu World Tour: Future businesses will be defined by data first
- Robert Kaye retires as Macquarie Telecom chairman
- Fujitsu World Tour: NSW government revamping for Cloud, mobile service world
- NAB shares the key ingredients to digital strategy success
- Adobe details how it's transforming into a digital-first marketing organisation
- Yahoo buys Flurry to make more money from mobile apps
- Salesforce.com's trademark infringement anything but social, lawsuit claims
- Better CIO/CFO relationships see CMO salaries soar