- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
Why is Cloud Killing off the Archival Tape Library
Traditional tape-based archival is under threat from cloud storage services that act as an offsite archival medium, facilitating integrated and seamless remote disaster recovery sites. The cloud provides all the advantages of disk-based storage while still competing effectively on price. Because the cloud is essentially remote disk-based storage, it is much faster to find and restore exact files or recover entire servers when combined with sector-based, real-time recovery software. Read more.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke