- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Nationwide apologises for online and mobile banking outage
- Teradata: We must nail the data privacy issue and not rely on governments
- Massive malvertising campaign on Yahoo, AOL and other sites delivers ransomware
Think print, Think security - Plugging the printer security gap
The growing sophistication of networked printers and multifunction peripherals (MFPs) which scan, print, fax, copy and email devices has also increased security risks associated with printing. Network connectivity, along with hard disk and memory storage, means that MFPs are now susceptible to many of the same security risks as PCs and servers alongside the traditional risk of sensitive printed output getting into the wrong hands. However, all too often the security of the print environment is overlooked and little is done to mitigate these threats. Read on.
Please supply your email address to access the content.