- Reflection techniques comprise nearly half of surging DDoS volumes: PLXsert
- Hackers shakedown businesses by encrypting their websites
- Managing redundant security alerts is costing businesses: FireEye
- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests
- 1Password's update highlights the difference between two-step and two-factor verification
Advanced Compression with Oracle Database 11g
Enterprises are experiencing an explosion in the volume of data required to effectively run their businesses. This trend in data growth can be attributed to several key factors. Recent changes in the regulatory landscape, such as Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA, are contributing to this trend by mandating that enterprises retain large amounts of information for long periods of time. Oracle Database 11g Release 1 introduced the Advanced Compression Option to help customers cope with these challenges. Innovations in Oracle compression technologies help customers reduce the resources and costs of managing large data volumes. Read on.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities
- Mondelez A/NZ head of marketing services takes up China role