- Attivo brings deception technology to Amazon Web Services
- Behind the scenes: Security operations at the Little League World Series
- Linux Foundation's security checklist can help sysadmins harden workstations
- Centrify survey finds unmanaged Apple devices a corporate liability
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 processor gets technology to secure Android phones
Case study: Robinson Legal integrates an all-in-one unified communications and collaboration (UCC) solution
A 5-year old analogue telephony system used by law firm Robinson Legal was costing $36,000 annually in call line and rental charges yet the phones were only being used to make, take and transfer calls without the multi functional benefits available from unified communications and collaboration. Learn how Robinson Legal selected a highly flexible telephony solution that integrated voice, e-mail, text, and faxes and mobile devices – all accessible from just one call number.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- VMware touts new technologies for managing containers and live migration of virtual machines
- Google to expand tests of self-driving cars in Austin with its own prototypes
- ITC rules Microsoft's phones don't infringe patents
- Google life sciences group to wage war on diabetes
- OS X El Capitan on track for September release