- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- Information-security implications feared as Parliament weighs data retention
- Adopters of Australian Azure must remember security, governance obligations
- Facebook gives away homebrewed OS monitoring tool
- How to figure out if a data breach is a hoax
New Mobility Requires a New Network Strategy
Computing has gone through several major transitions through the ages, each of which raised the value of the network and dramatically lowered the cost of computing. In the years after its birth in the mainframe era, the computing industry shifted to client/server and then Internet computing. Today, we are beginning yet another major computing revolution: the shift to mobile computing. This revolution already allows us to carry mini computers, called “smartphones,” in our pockets. This shift will drive down the cost of computing even further and drive up the value of the network, forever changing its role in organisations. Read on.
Please supply your email address to access the content.