- US counterterrorism expert says it's time to give companies offensive cybercapabilities
- Newest RIG exploit kit driven by malicious advertising
- Don't get fooled into clicking phony Windows 10 upgrade emails
- DDoS Attacks Take Down RBS, Ulster Bank, and Natwest Online Systems
- T-Mobile caught in crossfire of injected ad war with Flash Networks
Endpoint Security Solutions: VDI Performance Analysis Report
Enterprises wishing to virtualise desktops are likely to use Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), which is similar to a shared application infrastructure, such as Citrix Meta frame or Windows Terminal Server. With VDI each user has access to applications via a thin client, a regular PC, or even a refurbished low performance PC. But instead of running a single operating system on shared server hardware, every user has his or her own copy of the operating system that can be customized to suite individual needs. Multiple instances of operating systems run on a single physical server, keeping users isolated from each other. This helps to prevent complications from an individual session failure.
Please supply your email address to access the content.