- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, March 30
- British Airways notifies frequent flyers of possible breach of their accounts
- Opponents restate security, scope concerns as metadata retention becomes Australian law
- The week in security: Now law in Australia, data retention challenged overseas
- GitHub recovering from massive DDoS attacks
Lost USB keys have 66% chance of malware
Sophos studied 50 USB keys bought at RailCorp's 2011 Lost Property auction in Sydney. The study revealed that two-thirds were infected by malware, and quickly uncovered information about many of the former owners of the devices, their family, friends and colleagues. Disturbingly, none of the owners had used any sort of encryption to secure their files against unauthorised snoopers.
Please supply your email address to access the content.