Lost USB keys have 66% chance of malware
Sophos studied 50 USB keys bought at RailCorp's 2011 Lost Property auction in Sydney. The study revealed that two-thirds were infected by malware, and quickly uncovered information about many of the former owners of the devices, their family, friends and colleagues. Disturbingly, none of the owners had used any sort of encryption to secure their files against unauthorised snoopers.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- 5 Australian CEOs reveal what they want from CMOs
- Classifieds, general display show strong growth in latest IAB online advertising report
- Getting digital strategy right at Village Roadshow
- Teradata and Localz partner up on proximity marketing tech
- Telstra confirms outside candidate to replace Buckman as media and marketing chief