- Private I: Trust and verify for network certificate roots
- Tech companies call on US to end bulk collection of metadata
- Many password strength meters are downright WEAK, researchers say
- Survey: 75 percent of firms would take hours or longer to spot breach
- Study: Compliance biggest cloud security challenge
Lost USB keys have 66% chance of malware
Sophos studied 50 USB keys bought at RailCorp's 2011 Lost Property auction in Sydney. The study revealed that two-thirds were infected by malware, and quickly uncovered information about many of the former owners of the devices, their family, friends and colleagues. Disturbingly, none of the owners had used any sort of encryption to secure their files against unauthorised snoopers.
Please supply your email address to access the content.