- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Nationwide apologises for online and mobile banking outage
- Teradata: We must nail the data privacy issue and not rely on governments
Reconciling Datacenter consolidation and security: It starts with an integrated approach
There is no question that datacenter consolidation has gone mainstream. A recent IDG Research survey of IT managers found that three out of four organizations are in the midst of, or just completing, consolidation of multiple applications or systems onto a smaller number of servers. Improving performance and availability was the key driver of consolidation efforts for 85% of those surveyed.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely