XML for Dummies, 4th Edition
Create consistency on the Web, or tag your data for different purposes
Tag -- XML is it! XML tags let you share your format as well as your data, and this handy guide will show you how. You'll soon be using this markup language to create everything from Web sites to business forms, discovering schemas and DOCTYPES, wandering the Xpath, teaming up XML with Office 2003, and more.
Discover how to
* Make information portable
* Use XML with Word 2003
* Store different types of data
* Convert HTML documents to XHTML
* Add CSS to XML
* Understand and use DTDs
Lucinda has authored, co-authored, edited, and been a contributing author to numerous computer books; the most recent include Dreamweaver MX 2004 Savvy (Sybex), XML for Dummies (3rd Edition, Wiley), Dreamweaver MX Fireworks MX Savvy (Sybex), XML Schemas (Sybex), and Mastering XHTML (Sybex). When she can manage to move herself away from her keyboard, other interests include holographic technologies, science fiction, and Bollywood movies.
Ed Tittel is a 23-year veteran of the computing industry. After spending his first seven years in harness writing code, Ed switched to the softer side of the business as a trainer and talking head. A freelance writer since 1986, Ed has written hundreds of magazine and Web articles — and worked on over 100 computer books, including numerous For Dummies titles on topics that include several Windows versions, NetWare, HTML, XHTML, and XML.
Ed is also Technology Editor for Certification Magazine, writes for numerous TechTarget Web sites, and writes a twice-monthly newsletter, “Must Know News,” for CramSession.com. In his spare time, Ed likes to shoot pool, cook, and spend time with his wife Dina and his son Gregory. He also likes to explore the world away from the keyboard with his trusty Labrador retriever, Blackie. Ed can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
Part I: XML Basics.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know XML.
Chapter 2: Using XML for Many Purposes.
Chapter 3: Slicing and Dicing Data Categories: The Art of Taxonomy.
Part II: XML and the Web.
Chapter 4: Adding XHTML for the Web.
Chapter 5: Putting Together an XML File.
Chapter 6: Adding Character(s) to XML.
Chapter 7: Handling Formatting with CSS.
Part III: Building In Validation with DTDs and Schemas.
Chapter 8: Understanding and Using DTDs.
Chapter 9: Understanding and Using XML Schema.
Chapter 10: Building a Custom XML Schema.
Chapter 11: Modifying an Existing Schema.
Part IV: Transforming and Processing XML.
Chapter 12: Handling Transformations with XSL.
Chapter 13: The XML Path Language.
Chapter 14: Processing XML.
Part V: XML Application Development.
Chapter 15: Using XML with Web Services.
Chapter 16: XML and Forms.
Chapter 17: Serving Up the Data: XML and Databases.
Chapter 18: XML and RSS.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: XML Tools and Technologies.
Chapter 20: Ten Top XML Applications.
Chapter 21: Ten Ultimate XML Resources.
For businesses looking to provide real-time business solutions to employees and customers alike, you need to have a comprehensive network management strategy. The network is the foundation of all successful cloud services; it must be robust to meet traffic, efficiency, and performance demands. Download today the four steps to get your network operations cloud-ready.
Ad-Aware Free has long been one of the most popular spyware killers on the planet, and with good reason. It's simple to use, does an ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia