We Blog: Publishing Online with Weblogs
Weblogs offer an exciting new way to voice your opinions, share ideas with others, and help your business grow. Written by a team of weblog pioneers-the people who helped create Blogger and the MetaFilter community blog-this book shows you how to build, evolve and automate weblogs for personal and business use.
We Blog begins with a complete overview of blog history, the different kinds of weblogs that exist today, and more. It further explains how to create, expand, and promote your own blog, from getting the most out of a variety of blogging tools and services to building a blog for business and expanding your audience through syndication.
Packed with insider advice, practical exercises, and illuminating interviews, We Blog is your indispensable guide to the world of weblogs.
Build Your Own Blog Today and Get Connected
* Create your first blog in just a few minutes
* Find out about team blogs and business blogs
* Learn how to use six popular blogging tools
* Make blogging even easier with an automated weblog system
* Add a comment system to connect with your audience
* Build your audience by promoting or syndicating your blog
Matthew Haughey started the community weblog MetaFilter.com, which now has over 13,000 members, and helped develop the Blogger.com site and service.
Meg Hourihan is the cofounder of Pyra, the company behind Blogger. A frequent speaker on the subject of weblogs, she runs her own award-winning blog (megnut.com) and was profiled by the New Yorker in an article on weblogs.
Table of Contents
Part I: What Is a Blog?
Chapter 1: Introduction to Blogs.
Chapter 2: Blogs in Action.
Chapter 3: Navigating the Blog Universe.
Part II: Blog Elements.
Chapter 4: The Building Blocks of Blogging.
Chapter 5: Working with Blog Tools and Services.
Chapter 6: Understanding Blog Technology.
Part III: Advanced Blogging.
Chapter 7: Connecting with Your Audience.
Chapter 8: Using Blogs in Business.
Chapter 9: Blog Publicity and Syndication.
Appendix A: HTML Reference.
Appendix B: Blog Tools Reference.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Data centres, servers, storage and more are being combined for simplified management and cost savings. In this survey, ESG looks at the current and future trends surrounding today’s integrated computing solutions. Download to find out how organisations are more likely to see commit IT budgets to the purchase of integrated solutions. Read more.
Microsoft Security Essentials provides your home PC with real-time protection. It constantly uses the latest technology ensuring that you will always stay up to date ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia