Visual Basic .Net All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies
* Visual Basic is the primary tool of more than fifty percent of all professional developers, so the upgrade to VB .NET represents a major paradigm shift; this handy all-in-one guide gives them easy access to valuable information
* Guides the reader through getting integrated with the rest of Visual Studio .NET, covers programmatic encryption and other .NET security capabilities, and shows how to program for Web services with VB .NET and ASP.NET
* Companion Web site includes a must-have bonus appendix that provides parallel VB 6 and VB .NET sample code to help VB programmers make the somewhat difficult transition to .NET
Table of Contents
Book I The Fundamentals of Visual Basic .NET Programming.
Chapter 1: Getting With the Program.
Chapter 2: Common Tasks.
Chapter 3: Managing Files and Directories.
Chapter 4: Old Concepts in New Clothes.
Book II Tapping the Power of .NET Editor.
Chapter 1: Organizing Your Projects.
Chapter 2: Viewing Your Work.
Chapter 3: Investigating the Toolbox.
Chapter 4: Windows, Windows Everywhere.
Chapter 5: Customization — Doing It Your Way.
Book III Advanced Visual Basic .NET Programming.
Chapter 1: Understanding Variable Types.
Chapter 2: Working with Arrays.
Chapter 3: Serious Serialization and Streams.
Chapter 4: Creating Runtime Controls.
Chapter 5: Overloaded Functions and Parameters.
Chapter 6: Smashing Bugs.
Chapter 7: No More Paranoia — Programmatic Encryption.
Book IV Programming for the Web.
Chapter 1: Introduction to ASP.NET.
Chapter 2: Everything’s Eventual.
Chapter 3: Using ASP.NET Controls.
Chapter 4: Making Database Connections on WebForms.
Chapter 5: Creating a Web Service.
Chapter 6: Bugs in the Web.
Book V Visual Basic .NET Database Programming.
Chapter 1: The Basics of Databases.
Chapter 2: User Interface Techniques.
Chapter 3: Managing DataSets.
Chapter 4: Migrating to ADO.NET.
Chapter 5: Deeper into ADO.NET.
Chapter 6: Querying Data.
Book VI Fun and Games with Graphics.
Chapter 1: You Be Picasso.
Chapter 2: The Creative Photographer.
Chapter 3: Mastering .NET Printing (It’s Complicated Until You Know How).
Chapter 4: Constructing Wolfram Diagrams.
Book VII Visual Basic .NET Object-Oriented Programming.
Chapter 1: Introduction to OOP.
Chapter 2: Creating Classes.
Chapter 3: Inheritance.
Chapter 4: Your First OOP Project.
Chapter 5: Exploiting the .NET Framework.
Appendix: Dictionary of VB.NET.
Despite current economic factors, IT investment continues to be fueled by the need for better and more agile IT capabilities to support an enterprise’s business strategy, as well as to keep up with the rapidly changing demands of the ‘always-on’ user. However, budgets are squeezed and executives are under pressure to reduce capital expenditure and streamline administrative costs. A key strategy is to consolidate and refresh existing IT infrastructures. Download now to find out what technology can add value and enable you to change the shape of your IT budget and, to transform IT into a force for change and innovation.
ClamWin Free Antivirus is an open source GPL virus scanner for Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Me / 2000 / 98 and ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia