- The week in security: Aussie banks targeted as mobiles drive privacy fears
- Bank trojan targets users of Bitcoin exchange Mt Gox
- Australian Information Security Association issues blunt warning as National Cyber Security Awareness Week begins
- Yahoo Japan says 22 million user IDs may have been stolen
- Texas drone bill sparks a battle
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 3
* Covers importing photos from digital cameras and scanners, retouching and repairing damaged photos, and enhancing digital images
* Shows readers how to add custom 3-D effects, edit images for the Web, create a Web photo gallery, and incorporate graphics into desktop publishing programs
* Demonstrates how to take advantage of enhancements and new features in the latest program version
Mike Wooldridge is a Web developer and author living in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is his thirteenth VISUALLY book.
Together, Sherry and Mike have co-written several titles, including Master VISUALLY Dreamweaver MX and Flash MX, and Master VISUALLY eBay Business Kit.
Table of Contents
Introducing Photoshop Elements 3.
Understanding Digital Images.
Start Photoshop Elements on a PC.
The Photoshop Elements PC Workspace.9
Start Photoshop Elements on a Mac.
The Photoshop Elements Mac Workspace.
Anatomy of the Elements Toolbox.
Work with Toolbox Tools.
Work with Palettes.
Set Program Preferences.
Chapter 2: Acquiring and Storing Digital Images.
Find Images for Your Projects.
Import Images from a Scanner.
Import Images from a Digital Camera.
Import Images from a Card Reader.
Import Images Using Organizer on a PC.
Download Images with Adobe Photo Downloader.
Import Images from a Video.
Save an Image.
Close an Image.
Open an Image.
Create a New Image.
Chapter 3: Image Basics.
Work with Image Windows.
Magnify with the Zoom Tool.
Adjust the Image View.
Change the Image Size.
Change the Image Print Size.
Change the Image Resolution.
Change the Image Canvas Size.
Revert an Image.6
Duplicate an Image.
Chapter 4: Selection Techniques.
Select an Area with a Marquee.
Select an Area with a Lasso.
Select an Area with the Magic Wand.
Select with the Selection Brush.
Add to or Subtract from a Selection.
Invert a Selection.
Grow a Selection.
Save and Load a Selection.
Chapter 5: Manipulating Selections.
Move a Selection.
Copy and Paste a Selection.
Delete a Selection.
Rotate a Selection.
Scale a Selection.
Skew or Distort a Selection.
Feather the Border of a Selection.
Chapter 6: Layer Basics.
Select a Layer.4
Hide a Layer.
Move a Layer.
Duplicate a Layer.
Change Layer Stacking Order.
Delete a Layer.
Create a Layer from a Background.
Change the Opacity of a Layer.
Merge and Flatten Layers.
Create a Fill Layer.
Create an Adjustment Layer.
Chapter 7: Fast Retouching Techniques.
Quick Fix a Photo.
Remove Red Eye.
Retouch with the Clone Stamp Tool.
Correct a Spot.
Remove Dust and Scratches.
Crop an Image.
Crop with the Cookie Cutter Tool.
Rotate an Image.
Straighten an Image.
Sharpen an Image.
Chapter 8: Enhancing Contrast and Exposure.
Adjust Shadows and Highlights.
Change Brightness and Contrast.
Lighten Areas with the Dodge Tool.
Darken Areas with the Burn Tool.
Add a Spotlight.
Fix an Underexposed Image.
Using the Blur and Sharpen Tools.
Chapter 9: Enhancing Colors.
Adjust Hue and Saturation.
Adjust Color with the Sponge Tool.
Correct Color with Color Variations.
Replace a Color.
Boost Colors with the Multiply Blending Mode.
Turn a Color Photo into Black and White.
Add Color to a Black and White Photo.
Chapter 10: Painting and Drawing on Photos.
Set the Foreground and Background Colors.
Add Color with the Brush Tool.
Change Brush Styles.
Add Color with the Paint Bucket Tool.
Draw a Shape.
Draw a Line.
Erase an Area.
Apply a Gradient.
Chapter 11: Applying Filters.
Blur an Image.
Distort an Image.
Turn an Image into a Painting.
Turn an Image into a Sketch.
Add Noise to an Image.
Pixelate a Photo.
Emboss an Image.
Chapter 12: Adding Text Elements.
Change the Formatting of Text.
Change the Color of Text.
Apply a Filter to Text.
Create Warped Text.
Create Outlined Text.
Add a Drop Shadow to Text.
Chapter 13: Applying Styles and Effects.
Add a Drop Shadow to a Photo.
Add a Drop Shadow to a Layer.
Frame an Image.
Add a Fancy Background.
Add Beveling to a Layer.
Add an Outer Glow to a Layer.
Add a Fancy Covering to a Layer.
Chapter 14: Automating Your Work.
Convert File Types.
Convert Image Sizes.
Print a Contact Sheet.
Print a Picture Package.
Chapter 15: Organize Photos with Organizer.
Navigate the Organizer Workspace.
Catalog Photos Stored on Your Computer.
Catalog Photos from Your Camera.
Create a New Catalog.
Open a Catalog.
View Photos in the Photo Browser.
View Photos by Date.
Review Photos as a Slide Show.
Edit a Photo.
Delete a Photo.
Work with Tags.
Group Photos into a Collection.
View Photo Properties.
Add a Caption.
Find a Photo.
Create a Slide Show Creation.
Chapter 16: Outputting Files.
Add Caption and Copyright Information.
Save a JPEG for the Web.
Save a GIF for the Web.
Preview an Image in a Browser.
Create a Web Photo Gallery on a PC.
Create a Postcard on a PC.
Send an Image with E-mail on a PC.
Preview a Printout.
Print an Image from a PC.
Print an Image from a Mac.
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the realistic threats to fibre optic Ethernet networks – both at the LAN and WAN level. Read now.
Dropbox is a sharing tool that allows you to synchronize your documents, as well share files with others. It automatically uploads the files to the ...
Flash is quickly emerging as the preferred way to overcome the nagging performance limitations of hard disk drives. However, because flash comes at a significant price premium, outright replacement of HDDs with flash only makes sense in situations in which capacity requirements are relatively small and performance requirements are high. Learn how deployment approaches-including hybrid storage arrays, server flash, and all-flash arrays-that combine the performance of flash with the capacity of HDDs can be cost effective for a broad range of performance requirements.
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FT1st Line Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT2nd Level Support EngineerNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- Ticketek and Carsales extend partnership with Hostworks
- NewsGator brings Baker to Sydney as senior sales exec
- Optus reveals Australia's first multi-band 4G network
- Still early days for enterprise app stores, but Australia is keeping pace: Concur
- Brocade’s Meyer appointed to OpenDaylight Project Committee