Safari and Webkit Development for Iphone OS 3.0
The must-have reference for building and optimizing Web applications for Safari on iPhone 3.0
The iPhone offers a compelling Web-based application development platform revolving around its built-in browser, Safari, which is built upon the open source WebKit framework. This must-have book serves as a hands-on guide to developing iPhone and iPod touch Web applications.
Beginning with an introduction to Web application development for iPhone, this unique book then covers invaluable information on working with mobile and touch technologies, utilizing iPhone UI frameworks, and designing, styling, and programming the interface. You'll discover how to move Web apps to native apps and much, much more.
- Walks you through the process of developing Web applications for iPhone and iPod touch
- Covers how to design and develop applications that emulate the look and feel of native iPhone apps.
- Instructs on how your Web app can respond to finger touch events that are a core part of the iPhone event model.
- Shows you how to create Web-based offline applications using the latest HTML 5 cache technologies
- Explains the unique process of moving Web apps to native apps
- Features a bonus chapter on optimizing and developing for third-party browsers
Completely compliant with the new iPhone OS 3.0, as well as latest enhancements to Safari on iPhone, this indispensable book is a must-have resource.
Richard Wagner is a Senior Developer at Maark, LLC. He is an experienced web designer and developer and the author of several web-related books that discuss the underlying technologies of the iPhone application platform.
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Many organisations are evaluating a new security model based upon IT risk management best practices. This is a good idea, but not enough for today’s dynamic and malevolent threat landscape. To keep up with IT changes and external threats, large organisations need to embrace two new security practices: real-time risk management for day-to-day security adjustments and real-time threat management to detect and remediate sophisticated, stealthy, and damaging security breaches (i.e., advanced persistent threats, or APTs). Learn more.
UltraISO is an ISO CD/DVD image file tool that creates, edits and converts. It is also a bootable CD/DVD maker that has the ability to ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia