Red Hat Linux 9 Professional Secrets
* Designed to answer the questions of intermediate-to-advanced Red Hat Linux users who really want to understand the ins and outs of Red Hat Linux and what goes on behind the scenes
* Takes the reader beyond the obvious information about this complicated operating system, revealing hidden features, tricks and alternate methods that can't be easily found elsewhere: little-known installation options, ways to tweak the TCP/IP configuration files for maximum network efficiency, techniques for optimizing OpenOffice, and much more
* Includes two CD-ROMS containing Red Hat Linux 9 Publisher's Edition
Table of Contents
Part I: Setting Up Red Hat Linux.
Chapter: 1: An Overview of Red Hat Linux.
Chapter: 2: Red Hat Linux Installation.
Chapter: 3: X Window System Setup.
Chapter: 4: Printer Setup.
Chapter: 5: Sound Setup.
Chapter: 6: Network Setup.
Part II: Exploring Red Hat Linux.
Chapter: 7: Red Hat Linux Basics.
Chapter: 8: GNU Utilities.
Chapter: 9: GUI Desktops.
Chapter: 10: Red Hat Linux Applications and Utilities.
Chapter: 11: Text Processing.
Chapter: 12: Basic System Administration.
Part III: Internetworking with Red Hat Linux.
Chapter: 13: Internet Connection Setup.
Chapter: 14: Web Server.
Chapter: 15: Mail Server.
Chapter: 16: News Server.
Chapter: 17: FTP Server.
Chapter: 18: DNS and NIS.
Chapter: 19: Samba and NFS.
Part IV: Managing Red Hat Linux.
Chapter: 20: Advanced System Administration.
Chapter: 21: Software Installation and Update.
Chapter: 22: System and Network Security.
Part V: Programming Red Hat Linux.
Chapter: 23: Software Development in Linux.
Chapter: 24: Shell and Perl Scripting.
Chapter: 25: Tcl/Tk Scripting.
Chapter: 26: Java Programming.
Part VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Linux Commands.
Appendix B: Disk Drives.
Appendix C: CD-ROM Drives.
Appendix D: Ethernet Cards.
Appendix E: Modems and Terminals.
Appendix F: PC Cards.
Appendix G: Linux Resources.
Appendix H: About the CD-ROMs.
End-User License Agreement.
CD-ROM Installation Instructions.
Organizations that are looking for security features including identity management, encryption and access control — and at the same time want to take advantage of the cost and flexibility benefits of the cloud —might check into security-as-a-service offerings available now from several vendors. Download now to find out more.
FeedDemon is an easy-to-use RSS reader for Windows which will keep you informed with the latest news and information. The Google Reader Synchronization allows you ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia