Myspace Visual Quick Tips
- MySpace.com is one of the most popular social networking sites on the Internet today with more than 75 million registered users
- Provides tips, secrets, and tricks to creating and personalising a MySpace profile
- Offers straightforward descriptions, step-by-step instructions, and full-colour screen shots
- Includes vital information and safety precautions for parents to keep their children safe from online predators
The all-fact, no fluff style is ideal for visual learners who want to get started right away
Sherry Willard Kinkoph has written and edited oodles of books over the past 10 years covering a variety of computer topics, including Microsoft Office programs. Her recent titles include Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop Elements 3.0 and Office 2003 Simplified. Sherry’s ongoing quest is to help users of all levels master ever-changing computer technologies. No matter how many times they — the software manufacturers and hardware conglomerates — throw out a new version or upgrade, Sherry vows to be there to make sense of it all and help computer users get the most out of their machines.
Table of Contents
Change Your Profile Display Name.
Get a Custom Web Address for Your Profile.
Upload Photos to Your Profile.
Change Your Default Profile Picture.
Specify a Networking Affiliation for Your Profile.
Find People for Networking.
Set Up a Message to Display When You Are Offline.
Cancel Your MySpace Account.
Chapter 2. Customizing Your Profile Text.
Customize Your Profile Text Font.
Adjust Your Profile Text Size.
Personalize Your Profile Text Color.
Modify Your Module Titles and Headings.
Change the Look of Your Interests.
Customize Your Headings.
Customize the MySpace Navigation Links.
Change the Appearance of Your Link Text.
Use Tags to Customize Your Text.
Create a Top 10 List.
Build a Bulleted List.
Include a Scrolling Text Marquee.
Chapter 3. Customizing Your Profile Layout.
Display a Background Image.
Add a Banner to Your Profile.
Replace Your Profile Name with a Custom Image.
Create a Custom Contact Table.
Create a Consistent Table Layout.
Add Borders to Your Modules.
Separate Module Titles with a Border.
Replace the Extended Network Box with an Image.
Hide Your Friends and Comments.
Chapter 4. Communicating with MySpace.
Post a Bulletin to Your Friends.
Send a MySpace Invitation.
Automatically Include an Invitation Link in a Regular E-mail.
Import Friends and Invitation Addresses.
Receive a Text Message for MySpace Alerts.
Add a Contact to Your Address Book.
Join a Group.
Receive Bulletins from a Group.
Resign from a Group.
Create Your Own Group.
Post a Classified Ad.c
Chapter 5. MySpace and Media.
Upload a Video to Share.
Add a Video to Your Profile.
Add a MySpace Song to Your Profile.
Create a Band Profile.
Edit a Band Profile.
Upload One of Your Band’s Songs to MySpace.
Announce an Upcoming Show for Your Band.
Create a Filmmaker Profile.
Edit a Filmmaker Profile.
Upload a Film to MySpace.
Announce a Film Screening.
Chapter 6. Blogging with MySpace.
Subscribe to a Blog.
Turn Off Blog Post Notifications.
Unsubscribe from a Blog.
Post a Blog Entry.
Customize Your Blog Page.
Create a Custom Blog Header.
Customize the Side Module Layout.
Customize Your Blog Posts and Comments.
Enhance Your Blog with a Custom Style Sheet.
Add a Podcast to a Blog Post.
Join a Blog Group.
Chapter 7. Working with MySpace Events.
Post a Public Event.
Get Reminded of Your Events.
Add an Event to Your Calendar.
Blog an Event.
Send a Bulletin for an Event.
Chapter 8. Maintaining Privacy on MySpace.
Hide Your Online Status.
Hide Your Last Login Date.
Turn Off Calendar Sharing.
Allow Group Invitations from Friends Only.
Allow Comments from Friends Only.
Allow Instant Messages from Friends Only.
Create a Preferred List for Your Blog.
Make Blog Posts.
Turn Off MySpace Notifications.
Chapter 9. Enhancing MySpace Security.
Protect Your Children on MySpace.
Protect Yourself on MySpace.
Block Friend Requests from People Who Do Not Know You.
Block Friend Requests from Bands.
Disable Comments for a Blog Post.
Review Comments before Posting Them.
Disable HTML in Comments.
Block a User from Contacting You.
Flag a Message as Spam or Abuse.
Organizations that are looking for security features including identity management, encryption and access control — and at the same time want to take advantage of the cost and flexibility benefits of the cloud —might check into security-as-a-service offerings available now from several vendors. Download now to find out more.
ClamWin Free Antivirus is an open source GPL virus scanner for Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Me / 2000 / 98 and ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia