- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
Microsoft Windows XP Simply Visual Second Editio N
This highly illustrated introduction to the latest release of Windows XP is packed with easy-to-follow lessons that make learning simple. Just follow the screens and instructions, step by step, and you'll understand the most essential and frequently used features of Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Edition. If you want to explore beyond the basics, you'll find tips on customizing your computer, setting up a home network, and much more.
Master all the fundamental skills, including:
- Navigating and managing files and folders
- Installing and running programs with Windows XP
- Working with photographs and still images
- Playing with music and videos
- Customizing the look and function of Windows XP
- Setting up a home network
- Connecting your computer to the Internet
- Exploring the web
- Communicating online
- Customizing your online experience
- Optimizing system performance
- Safeguarding and troubleshooting your system
- Installing new hardware
Table of Contents
Part 1: Navigating and Managing Files and Folders in Windows XP.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Windows XP Home Edition.
Chapter 2: Navigating in a Window.
Chapter 3: Managing Files, Folders, and Disks.
Chapter 4: Setting File Management Options.
Part 2: Running Programs with Windows XP.
Chapter 5: Program Basics and Exploring Accessories.
Chapter 6: Installing New Programs.
Chapter 7: Organizing Your Programs.
Part 3: Working with Multimedia Content.
Chapter 8: Working with Photographs and Still Images.
Chapter 9: Playing Music and Videos.
Chapter 10: Creating Your Own Sounds and Videos.
Part 4: Customizing Windows XP.
Chapter 11: Adjusting Screen Appearance.
Chapter 12: Customizing System Settings.
Chapter 13: Managing Fonts and Printers.
Chapter 14: Sharing a PC with Multiple Users.
Part 5: Online and Network Connectivity.
Chapter 15: Setting Up a Home Network.
Chapter 16: Connecting to the Internet.
Chapter 17: Exploring the Web.
Chapter 18: Communicating Online.
Chapter 19: Customizing Your Online Experience.
Part 6: System Maintenance.
Chapter 20: Optimizing System Performance.
Chapter 21: Safeguarding and Troubleshooting.
Chapter 22: Installing New Hardware.
For businesses looking to provide real-time business solutions to employees and customers alike, you need to have a comprehensive network management strategy. The network is the foundation of all successful cloud services; it must be robust to meet traffic, efficiency, and performance demands. Download today the four steps to get your network operations cloud-ready.
HandBrake is an opensource tool that allows you to backup your DVDs so that you can store and watch them on your computer. Features include: ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia