- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
Microsoft Project 2007 Bible
Whether you're managing a project for a small team or supervising a corporate assignment involving hundreds, the power of Microsoft Project 2007 and the detailed information in this comprehensive guide can keep you on track. From setting budgets to allocating resources to tracking results, each of the book's seven parts thoroughly focuses on key elements in a logical sequence so you can find what you need.
- Identify your goals and the scope of your projects
- Manage projects across organizations and multiple locations
- Get the most out of Gantt charts and views
- Assign tasks, check progress, and make adjustments
- Issue interim reports and look at the Big Picture
- Create a custom HTML page with VBA and VBScript
- Import and export Project information
What's on the CD-ROM?
You'll find a wealth of trial versions, demo software, sample projects, and bonus appendixes on the CD-ROM, including
- Milestones Professional(r) - Advanced formatting, calculation, Web publishing, and reporting features
- PERT Chart Expert - Create eye-opening PERT chart project plans
- PlanView(r) Project Portfolio Management - A comprehensive decision-making platform for enterprises
- WBS Chart Pro - Plan your projects with these graphing tools
System Requirements: See the CD-ROM Appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Elaine left her native Chicago for the warmer climes of Arizona (by way of Cincinnati, OH; Jerusalem, Israel; Ithaca, NY; Washington, D.C., and Tampa, FL) where she basks in the sun with her PC and her dog Josh and her cats, Cato, Watson, and Buddy, and sings barbershop harmony with the 2006 International Championship Scottsdale Chorus.
Elaine spends most of her time writing; she has authored and co-authored more than 30 books about Microsoft Project, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Quicken for Windows, Quicken for DOS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word for Windows, Microsoft Word for the Mac, Windows 98, 1-2-3 for Windows, and Lotus Notes. From 1994 to 2006, she also was the contributing editor to monthly publications Peachtree Extra and QuickBooks Extra.
Table of Contents
Part I: Project Management Basics.
Chapter 1: The Nature of Projects.
Chapter 2: Exploring the Microsoft Project Environment.
Part II: Getting Your Project Going.
Chapter 3: Creating a New Project.
Chapter 4: Building Tasks.
Chapter 5: Creating Resources and Assigning Costs.
Part III: Refining Your Project.
Chapter 6: Understanding the Basics of Views.
Chapter 7: Using Views to Gain Perspective.
Chapter 8: Modifying the Appearance of Your Project.
Chapter 9: Resolving Scheduling Problems.
Chapter 10: Resolving Resource Problems.
Part IV: Tracking Your Progress.
Chapter 11: Understanding Tracking.
Chapter 12: Recording Actuals.
Chapter 13: Reporting on Progress.
Chapter 14: Analyzing Financial Progress.
Part V: Working in Groups.
Chapter 15: Coordinating Multiple Projects Outside Project Server.
Chapter 16: Preparing to Use Project Server.
Chapter 17: Installing and Configuring Project Server.
Chapter 18: Project Server and the Administrator.
Chapter 19: Project Server and the Project/Resource Manager.
Chapter 20: Project Server and the Day-to-Day User.
Chapter 21: Project Server and the Executive.
Part VI: Advanced Microsoft Project.
Chapter 22: Customizing Microsoft Project.
Chapter 23: Using Macros to Speed Your Work.
Chapter 24: Customizing Microsoft Project Using VBA and Active Scripting.
Chapter 25: Importing and Exporting Project Information.
Chapter 26: Project Case Studies.
Part VII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: What’s on the CD-ROM.
Appendix B: Project Management Worksheet.
Appendix C: Available Fields and Functions for Custom Field Formulas.
Appendix D: Project Management Resources.
End-User License Agreement.
Malware is at such high levels (more than 60 million unique samples per year) that protecting an endpoint with traditional antivirus software, has become futile. More than 100,000 new types of malware are now released every day, and antivirus vendors are racing to add new protection features to try to keep their protection levels up. Read more.
Dropbox is a sharing tool that allows you to synchronize your documents, as well share files with others. It automatically uploads the files to the ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia