Mastering Microsoft Vba, Second Edition
- VBA is used for writing macros, automating Office applications, and creating custom applications in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Easily accessible by novice programmers, VBA is also powerful enough for IT professionals who need to create specialized business applications, generating wide interest
- Completely revised for the new versions of the language and the Office suite, this book is the most up-to-date VBA guide on the market
- Includes what everyone, from power users to system administrators and professional developers, needs to know
- Covers all Office products in depth
Table of Contents
Part 1. Recording Macros and Getting Started with VBA.
Chapter 1. Recording and Running Macros in the Microsoft Office Applications.
Chapter 2. Getting Started with the Visual Basic Editor.
Chapter 3. Editing Recorded Macros.
Chapter 4. Creating Code from Scratch in the Visual Basic Editor.
Part 2. Learning How to Work with VBA.
Chapter 5. Understanding the Essentials of VBA Syntax.
Chapter 6. Working with Variables, Constants, and Enumerations.
Chapter 7. Using Array variables.
Chapter 8. Finding the Objects, Methods, and Properties You Need.
Part 3. Making Decisions and Using Loops and Functions.
Chapter 9. Using Functions.
Chapter 10. Creating Your Own Functions.
Chapter 11. making Decisions in Your Code.
Chapter 12. Using Loops to Repeat Actions.
Part 4. Using Message Boxes, Input Boxes, and Dialog Boxes.
Chapter 13. Getting User Input with Message Boxes and Input Boxes.
Chapter 14. Creating Simple Custom Dialog Boxes.
Chapter 15. Creating Complex Dialog Boxes.
Part 5. Creating Effective Code.
Chapter 16. Building Modular Code and Using Classes.
Chapter 17. Debugging Your Code and handling Errors.
Chapter 18. Building Well-Behaved Code.
Chapter 19. securing Your Code with VBA's security Features.
Part 6. Programming the Office Applications.
Chapter 20. Understanding the Word Object Model and Key Objects.
Chapter 21. Working with Widely Used Objects in Word.
Chapter 22. Understanding the Excel Object Model and Key Objects.
Chapter 23. Working with Widely Used Objects in Excel.
Chapter 24. Understanding the PowerPoint Object Model and Key Objects
Chapter 25. Working with Shapes and Running Slide Shows.
Chapter 26. Understanding the Outlook Object Model and Key Objects.
Chapter 27. Working with Events in Outlook.
Chapter 28. Understanding the Access Object Model and Key Objects.
Chapter 29. manipulating the Data in an Access Database via VBA.
Chapter 30. Accessing One Application from Another Application.
Learn how others have delivered industry-leading, multi-platform management and security solutions. In this whitepaper, we look how app developers can develop, deploy and manage apps that enterprises can rely on today and into the future. Click to download!
When you think Open Source software, you may think of half-baked programs too hard to use, or perhaps lacking power. Well, think again. This Open ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia