- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
Master Visually Windows Vista
* Handling new, upgrade, or dual-boot installation
* Using the new desktop and start menu
* Creating toolbars and changing display settings
* Managing the firewall and antivirus software
* Installing CD and DVD burners
* Working with the new productivity features
* "Master It" sidebars answer questions and present shortcuts
* High-resolution screen shots demonstrate each task
* Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
* Two-page lessons break big topics into bite-sized modules
Table of Contents
1) Preparing for Installation.
2) Installing Windows Vista.
3) Customizing and Updating Windows Vista.
Part II: Managing the Desktop Environment.
4) Using the Windows Vista Interface.
5) Customizing the Desktop.
6) Managing Users.
7) Managing Files and Folders.
8) Managing Security.
Part III: Mastering Multimedia with Windows Vista.
9) Managing Your Music with Windows Media Player 11.
10) Working with Multimedia Hardware.
11) Creating Digital Content with Windows Vista.
12) Enjoying Digital Entertainment with Media Center.
Part IV: Using Windows Vista Productivity Features.
13) Getting Familiar with Windows Mail.
14) Discovering Windows Calendar.
15) Making Use of Windows Vista Fax and Scan Features.
Part V: Networking with Windows Vista.
16) Networking and the Internet.
17) Exploring Internet Explorer 7.
18) Working with Network Services.
19) Working with Internet Information Service Components.
20) Integrating with Active Directory.
Part VI: Managing the Hardware Environment.
21) Working with Windows Internals.
22) Working with Hard Drives.
23) Managing Portable Computers.
24) Optimizing Performance.
25) Troubleshooting Windows Vista.
This report by Tolly tests the system resource requirements of competing vendor solutions when performing on-demand and on-access scanning functions, during distributed definition updates. Click to download how the four competing options ranked against each other.
Publisher's notes: SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer is an advanced, professional tool for analyzing, debugging, maintaining and monitoring local networks and Internet connections. It captures the ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia