- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
Implementing Intrusion Detection Systems: A Hands-on Guide for Securing the Network
* Packed with real-world tips and practical techniques, this book shows IT and security professionals how to implement, optimize, and effectively use IDS
* Features coverage of the recently revised IETF IDS specification
* Covers IDS standards, managing traffic volume in the IDS, intrusion signatures, log analysis, and incident handling
* Provides step-by-step instructions for configuration procedures
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: An Overview of Intrusion Detection.
Chapter 2: Network-Based Intrusion Detection Systems.
Chapter 3: Host-Based Intrusion Detection.
Chapter 4: Handling Alerts.
Chapter 5: Coping with Challenges to IDS.
Chapter 6: Deploying IDS.
Chapter 7: Maximizing Your IDS.
Chapter 8: Sample IDS Deployment.
Appendix A: Understanding tcpdump Packet Headers.
Appendix B: Additional Resources.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Appendix D: TCP/IP Quick Reference.
Appendix E: IDS Product Information.
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
GeForms allows you to create your own forms or fill in existing forms electronically. Using GeForms you are provided with sophisticated form design tools which ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia