- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One
Google Search & Rescue for Dummies
Here's how to find your way through all the information Google offers
More than a search engine, Google has become a lifestyle. This book introduces you to the rest of the Google family - valuable tools such as Google Maps, Google Video, Google Earth, Google Scholar, and Gmail. Play Google games, shop with Froogle, or find stuff on your own computer with Google Desktop. The possibilities will make you Google-eyed!
Discover how to
* Refine your results with search operators
* Use Google as an answer engine
* Enjoy one-click searching with Google Toolbar
* Get specific information with Google Labs services
* Simplify e-mail with Gmail
Brad’s books include a Publishers Weekly bestseller and a Book-of-the-Month catalog selection. Brad’s titles in the For Dummies series include Internet Searching For Dummies, Building Your Business with Google For Dummies, and Yahoo! For Dummies. He operates the Search Report Web site (www.TheSearchReport.com) and is a staff blogger at WeblogsInc (www.weblogsinc.com).
Brad is often consulted in the media’s coverage of the Internet. He appears on television and radio Webcasts and is quoted in publications such as Business Week, the New York Times, and PC World.
Brad doesn’t get outdoors much. Sunshine baffles him. As compensation, he is listed in Who’s Who and is a member of The Author’s Guild.
Table of Contents
Part I: Jumping Into Google.
Chapter 1: Google Saves the Day, Every Day.
Chapter 2: Reclaiming Your Time from Wasteful Searching.
Part II: Taming Google.
Chapter 3: Recovering the Facts: Using Google as an Answer Engine.
Chapter 4: Froogle and Google Catalogs Rescue Your Gift List.
Chapter 5: Saving Yourself from TV News with Google News.
Chapter 6: Preserving Online Conversations with Google Groups.
Chapter 7: Mapping the Web’s Terrain.
Part III: Specialty Searching.
Chapter 8: Searching the Neighborhood.
Chapter 9: Shining the Search Spotlight on Specialty Categories.
Chapter 10: The Professional Rescue Team at Google Answers.
Chapter 11: Experimenting in Google Labs.
Part IV: Putting Google to Work.
Chapter 12: Lifelines: Googling from Anywhere.
Chapter 13: Reclaiming Your Lost Stuff: Google Desktop to the Rescue.
Chapter 14: Saved by a Thread: Reinventing E-mail with Gmail.
Chapter 15: Giving Your Visitors a Leg Up: Google on Your Site.
Part V: The Business of Google.
Chapter 16: Bringing Google and Its Users to Your Site.
Chapter 17: Stimulating Your Business with AdWords.
Chapter 18: Rescuing Your Revenue with Google AdSense.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: Ten Alternative Googles.
Chapter 20: Ten More Alternative Googles.
Chapter 21: Ten Google Games.
Chapter 22: Ten Sites and Blogs about Google.
This report covers the frequently asked questions associated with the implications of BYOD devices in the workplace. Any solution in this space needs to be built on simplicity, scalability and security. Click to find out how to address the IT security challenges.
HandBrake is an opensource tool that allows you to backup your DVDs so that you can store and watch them on your computer. Features include: ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW