- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
Effective Methods for Software Testing, Third Edition (Includes Complete Guidelines, Checklists, and Templates.)
- Written by the founder and executive director of the Quality Assurance Institute, which sponsors the most widely accepted certification program for software testing
- Software testing is a weak spot for most developers, and many have no system in place to find and correct defects quickly and efficiently
- This comprehensive resource provides step-by-step guidelines, checklists, and templates for each testing activity, as well as a self-assessment that helps readers identify the sections of the book that respond to their individual needs
- Covers the latest regulatory developments affecting software testing, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404, and provides guidelines for agile testing and testing for security, internal controls, and data warehouses
- CD-ROM with all checklists and templates saves testers countless hours of developing their own test documentation
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Table of Contents
Part I: Assessing Testing Capabilities and Competencies.
Chapter 1: Assessing Capabilities, Staff Competency, and User Satisfaction.
The Three-Step Process to Becoming a World-Class Testing Organization.
Step 1: Define a World-Class Software Testing Model.
Step 2: Develop Baselines for Your Organization.
Assessment 1: Assessing the Test Environment.
Assessment 2: Assessing the Capabilities of Your Existing.Test Processes.
Assessment 3: Assessing the Competency of Your Testers.
Step 3: Develop an Improvement Plan.
Part II: Building a Software Testing Environment.
Chapter 2: Creating an Environment Supportive of Software Testing.
Chapter 3: Building the Software Testing Process.
Software Testing Guidelines.
Guideline #1: Testing Should Reduce Software Development.
Guideline #2: Testing Should Be Performed Effectively.
Guideline #3: Testing Should Uncover Defects.
Guideline #4: Testing Should Be Performed Using Business Logic.
Guideline #5: Testing Should Occur Throughout the Development Life Cycle.
Guideline #6: Testing Should Test Both Function and Structure.
Chapter 4: Selecting and Installing Software Testing Tools.
Chapter 5: Building Software Tester Competency.
Part III: The Seven-Step Testing Process.
Chapter 6: Overview of the Software Testing Process.
Chapter 7: Step 1: Organizing for Testing.
Task 1: Appoint the Test Manager.
Task 2: Define the Scope of Testing.
Task 3: Appoint the Test Team.
Task 4: Verify the Development Documentation.
Task 5: Validate the Test Estimate and Project Status.
Chapter 8: Step 2: Developing the Test Plan.
Task 1: Profile the Software Project.
Task 2: Understand the Project Risks.
Task 3: Select a Testing Technique.
Task 4: Plan Unit Testing and Analysis.
Task 5: Build the Test Plan.
Task 6: Inspect the Test Plan.
Chapter 9: Step 3: Verification Testing.
Task 1: Test During the Requirements Phase.
Task 2: Test During the Design Phase.
Task 3: Test During the Programming Phase.
Chapter 10: Step 4: Validation Testing.
Task 1: Build the Test Data.
Task 2: Execute Tests.
Task 3: Record Test Results.
Chapter 11: Step 5: Analyzing and Reporting Test Results.
Task 1: Report Software Status.
Task 2: Report Interim Test Results.
Task 3: Report Final Test Results.
Chapter 12: Step 6: Acceptance and Operational Testing.
Task 1: Acceptance Testing.
Task 2: Pre-Operational Testing.
Task 3: Post-Operational Testing.
Chapter 13: Step 7: Post-Implementation Analysis.
Task 1: Establish Assessment Objectives.
Task 2: Identify What to Measure.
Task 3: Assign Measurement Responsibility.
Task 4: Select Evaluation Approach.
Task 5: Identify Needed Facts.
Task 6: Collect Evaluation Data.
Task 7: Assess the Effectiveness of Testing.
Part IV: Incorporating Specialized Testing Responsibilities.
Chapter 14: Software Development Methodologies.
Chapter 15: Testing Client/Server Systems.
Task 1: Assess Readiness.
Task 2: Assess Key Components.
Task 3: Assess Client Needs.
Chapter 16: Rapid Application Development Testing.
Task 1: Determine Appropriateness of RAD.
Task 2: Test Planning Iterations.
Task 3: Test Subsequent Planning Iterations.
Task 4: Test the Final Planning Iteration.
Chapter 17: Testing Internal Controls.
Task 1: Understand the System Being Tested.
Task 2: Identify Risks.
Task 3: Review Application Controls.
Task 4: Test Application Controls.
Task 5: Document Control Strengths and Weaknesses.
Chapter 18: Testing COTS and Contracted Software.
Task 1: Test Business Fit.
Step 1: Testing Needs Specification.
Step 2: Testing CSFs.
Task 2: Test Operational Fit.
Step 1: Test Compatibility.
Step 2: Integrate the Software into Existing Work Flows.
Step 3: Demonstrate the Software in Action.
Task 3: Test People Fit.
Task 4: Acceptance-Test the Software Process.
Step 1: Create Functional Test Conditions.
Step 2: Create Structural Test Conditions.
Chapter 19: Testing in a Multiplatform Environment.
Task 1: Define Platform Configuration Concerns.
Task 2: List Needed Platform Configurations.
Task 3: Assess Test Room Configurations.
Task 4: List Structural Components Affected by the Platform(s).
Task 5: List Interfaces the Platform Affects.
Task 6: Execute the Tests.
Chapter 20: Testing Software System Security.
Task 1: Establish a Security Baseline.
Chapter 21: Testing a Data Warehouse.
Task 1: Measure the Magnitude of Data Warehouse Concerns.
Task 2: Identify Data Warehouse Activity Processes to Test.
Chapter 22: Testing Web-Based Systems.
Task 1: Select Web-Based Risks to Include in the Test Plan.
Task 2: Select Web-Based Tests.
Task 3: Select Web-Based Test Tools.
Task 4: Test Web-Based Systems.
Part V: Building Agility into the Testing Process.
Chapter 23: Using Agile Methods to Improve Software Testing.
Chapter 24: Building Agility into the Testing Process.
Step 1: Measure Software Process Variability.
Step 2: Maximize Best Practices.
Step 3: Build on Strength, Minimize Weakness.
Step 4: Identify and Address Improvement Barriers.
Step 5: Identify and Address Cultural and Communication.
Culture 1: Manage People.
Culture 2: Manage by Process.
Culture 3: Manage Competencies.
Culture 4: Manage by Fact.
Culture 5: Manage Business Innovation.
Step 6: Identify Implementable Improvements.
Step 7: Develop and Execute an Implementation Plan.
This research paper intends to provide a brief summary of the cybercriminal underground and shed light on the basic types of hacker activity in Russia. It discusses fundamental concepts that Russian hackers follow and the information they share with their peers. It also examines prices charged for various types of services, along with how prevalent the given services are in advertisements. The primary features of each type of activity and examples of associated service offerings are discussed as well. Read this paper.
Note: This review covers version 8.5 of the software. This software is now in version 9.0. Antivirus program AVG 8.5 Free offers solid features and ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes