- New malware spreads over Twitch chat, targets Steam accounts
- Isles of Scilly council dragged over coals by Information Commissioner for letting documents slip
- Researcher disputes report BlackPOS used in Home Depot, Target attacks
- IDF 2014: Developers must address security and privacy concerns as IoT grows
- VMware and Cisco patch vulnerabilities in datacentre gear and software
As another AusCERT and its inherent memories wind down, it seems a perfect time to unleash some more thoughts from the self-confessed `optimistic paranoid’, Kaspersky Labs founder, Eugene Kaspersky.23 May / Written by Hamish Barwick
Even if you aren’t a gamer, you would have to be living under a rock to not have heard about the recent breach of Sony’s PlayStation Network (PSN).4 May / Written by Hamish Barwick
It seems like a week can’t go past without an Australian bank has suffering service outages or missed payments, or becoming the subject of hacking attempt or phishing scam.21 Apr / Written by Hamish Barwick
Hamish Barwick has written about everything from fashion to food but has been writing about technology for the past four years. Prior to joining IDG Communications in September 2010, he worked at Fairfax New Zealand for Computerworld Australia's Kiwi counterpart.
The latest analysis on Australia's ICT sector.
The latest from the world of IT security.
Keeping an eye on the market
In the modern economy with constantly evolving trends, technologies and ideas the companies that don't innovate will be overtaken. Innovation is no longer the domain of R&D, new product development or IT, but instead a core deliverable of every business unit and the foundation of success and profit.
Security, networking & performance
- Business concerned about 'knock-on' costs of Federal Government data retention crackdown
- Thiess signs NBN contract to connect 170,000 premises per year
- Brisbane IT firm offers "miracle" cure for hospital robots
- Sage inks A/NZ distribution deal with Aritmos Group
- Security discussion should be around business, not just technology: WatchGuard
- US retailer Kohl's develops prototype to predict shopping trolley abandonment
- Google acquires online survey specialist Polar
- Permission-based programmatic advertising taps into customer data disclosure trend
- Qantas confirms launch of customer data management business
- Retailers need to lift their mobile and digital game, finds new report