As another AusCERT and its inherent memories wind down, it seems a perfect time to unleash some more thoughts from the self-confessed `optimistic paranoid’, Kaspersky Labs founder, Eugene Kaspersky.23 May / Written by Hamish Barwick
Even if you aren’t a gamer, you would have to be living under a rock to not have heard about the recent breach of Sony’s PlayStation Network (PSN).4 May / Written by Hamish Barwick
It seems like a week can’t go past without an Australian bank has suffering service outages or missed payments, or becoming the subject of hacking attempt or phishing scam.21 Apr / Written by Hamish Barwick
Hamish Barwick has written about everything from fashion to food but has been writing about technology for the past four years. Prior to joining IDG Communications in September 2010, he worked at Fairfax New Zealand for Computerworld Australia's Kiwi counterpart.
The latest analysis on Australia's ICT sector.
The latest from the world of IT security.
Keeping an eye on the market
In the modern economy with constantly evolving trends, technologies and ideas the companies that don't innovate will be overtaken. Innovation is no longer the domain of R&D, new product development or IT, but instead a core deliverable of every business unit and the foundation of success and profit.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now