As another AusCERT and its inherent memories wind down, it seems a perfect time to unleash some more thoughts from the self-confessed `optimistic paranoid’, Kaspersky Labs founder, Eugene Kaspersky.23 May / Written by Hamish Barwick
Even if you aren’t a gamer, you would have to be living under a rock to not have heard about the recent breach of Sony’s PlayStation Network (PSN).4 May / Written by Hamish Barwick
It seems like a week can’t go past without an Australian bank has suffering service outages or missed payments, or becoming the subject of hacking attempt or phishing scam.21 Apr / Written by Hamish Barwick
Hamish Barwick has written about everything from fashion to food but has been writing about technology for the past four years. Prior to joining IDG Communications in September 2010, he worked at Fairfax New Zealand for Computerworld Australia's Kiwi counterpart.
The latest analysis on Australia's ICT sector.
The latest from the world of IT security.
Keeping an eye on the market
In the modern economy with constantly evolving trends, technologies and ideas the companies that don't innovate will be overtaken. Innovation is no longer the domain of R&D, new product development or IT, but instead a core deliverable of every business unit and the foundation of success and profit.
Security, networking & performance
- Vodafone relying on high-value subscribers amid 137,000 customer loss
- Brocade kitting the Australian Genome Research Facility for Big Data
- Anchor goes Openstack to boost retail website performance
- Adobe: Class division emerging in website design
- Acronis launches software-as-a-service backup delivery model for VARs, MSPs
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites
- NAB shares the key ingredients to digital strategy success