- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
Just a few weeks after introducing its new licensing scheme for vSphere 5.0, VMware has made some adjustments based on customer feedback. These changes have been made to address some of the concerns customers expressed about the new model, which shifted licensing constraints from processor sockets to vRAM (provisioned memory).5 Aug / Written by Ideas International
Your data centre is in the midst of the biggest server firmware upgrade ever, and you might not realise it. The update is called UEFI, and it doesn’t actually bring a lot of new features. Instead, it’s a long-overdue, industry-wide "bug fix" for x86.12 Jul / Written by Ideas International
Recently, rumours were swirling that Dell might be preparing to acquire AMD Corporation. Although we do not feel such a deal is likely, it did get us thinking about the evolving role of “industry-standard” microprocessors, and whether that may be the driving force behind the rumour.2 Mar / Written by Ideas International
As hardware maintenance services have gradually become commoditised, along with the hardware itself, vendors have increasingly sought to increase margins by packaging and selling higher-level services. Once upon a time (prior to the 1990s), when margins on computer hardware sales were still quite high, maintenance services were not always seen as a key source of revenue, but rather were considered a giveaway that were effectively bundled in with the product. However, times have changed.22 Feb / Written by Ideas International
IDEAS recently met with Joe Kremer, the Managing Director of Dell for Australia and New Zealand, for a presentation to a small group of press and analysts. During the talk, Mr. Kremer covered both local and global issues, reviewing the previous year and projecting what we might expect from Dell in 2011.2 Feb / Written by Ideas International
The latest analysis on Australia's ICT sector.
The latest from the world of IT security.
Keeping an eye on the market
In the modern economy with constantly evolving trends, technologies and ideas the companies that don't innovate will be overtaken. Innovation is no longer the domain of R&D, new product development or IT, but instead a core deliverable of every business unit and the foundation of success and profit.
Security, networking & performance
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke