- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- Researchers find unusual malware targeting Tibetan users in cyberespionage operation
The business plan for the NBN is very, very heavy but tells us nothing about how competitive it will be in a free, open market.
We all know e-Health is - well - good for our health system but it is markets that will determine where business and IT developers can add value and help consumers.
The merger between the ASX and the Singapore Exchange is not an Asian takeover story: It's a technology story.
The Government is pointing the bone at Telstra threatening to do a structural separation of its businesses. Sounds painful. But who is the winner?
There's an IT skills shortage on and hairdressers could tip us over the edge...
Signs are emerging that the big three internet service providers (ISPs), Telstra, Optus and iiNet, are concentrating their power. Will this affect consumer pricing? Yes; if Australia’s experience with its supermarket chains is anything to go by.
Before Ethernet, IP and converged services buying telecommunications services was an extremely complex business of choosing the right communications technology from a bewildering array of offerings including ISDN, X21, leased lines and Frame Relay.
There’s been a lot of huff and puff about Android vs iPhone market share lately, but when I look at which smartphone people use it’s almost always an iPhone, albeit with the occasional Blackberry. So I was curious as to how the mobile market was evolving in Australia.
Passive Optical Networks, or PON, are essentially point-to-multipoint fibre networks using a combination of time division multiplexing (TDM) and wave division multiplexing (WDM) to allow multiple client” switches to talk to a “parent” switch along the same single core of fibre, with passive optical prisms (splitters) being used to direct the light down multiple paths.
Legacy issues always loom large for technology companies; for Telstra the issue of legacy is more to do with an engineering mindset rather than a marketing one.
The latest analysis on Australia's ICT sector.
The latest from the world of IT security.
Keeping an eye on the market
In the modern economy with constantly evolving trends, technologies and ideas the companies that don't innovate will be overtaken. Innovation is no longer the domain of R&D, new product development or IT, but instead a core deliverable of every business unit and the foundation of success and profit.
Security, networking & performance
Adrian Abrate is the founder of Pogospring.com, a Sydney-based business and technology blog.
Davy Adams is the Managing Director of IDG Australia, publisher of Computerworld.
Morris Kaplan, one-time stockbroker and venture capitalist, brings his finance skills and recent experience as a business journalist and writer to IT, with a special interest in telecoms and how communications is being transformed by technology.
Ross Maher is the director of Build21c, an innovation project planning and research company that helps companies innovate. His specialities include project definition and set up, and he believes the best innovation occurs through a conversation with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Learn more at www.build21c.com.au
SAGE-AU is a not-for-profit professional organisation that promotes the development of the system administration profession.
For today’s enterprise, this whitepaper identifies three general areas of risk associated with risk; those that are traditionally areas of risk, the hazards that are exclusive to virtualisation and the more recent set of risks that are associated with newly formed hybrid environments. Read more to find out how to keep pace with evolving threats, quicker provisioning and dynamically mobile workloads.
FeedDemon is an easy-to-use RSS reader for Windows which will keep you informed with the latest news and information. The Google Reader Synchronization allows you ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia