Tiny, with plenty of storage - already being shipped
Stories by Lucas Mearian
Computer History Museum to highlight storage
Samsung on Tuesday released its first solid state drive (SSD) built with consumer-class NAND flash but targeted for use in enterprise-class storage systems.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies has announced the industry's highest density, single-platter hard disk drive that has an areal density of 636Gbit/inch, almost 100Gbit per square inch more than its closest competitor.
IBM has selected STEC solid state drives (SSDs) based on consumer flash memory for use in its midrange and high-end storage arrays, the maker of SSD technologies for OEMs said today.
Toshiba announced its first enterprise-class solid state drives (SSDs), which boast data transfer rates of up to 510MB/sec.
Seagate today announced the industry's first 2.5-in enterprise-class drive with 1TB of capacity, or about 60 per cent more could be stored previously.
After losing a drawn-out bidding war to Hewlett-Packard to acquire storage vendor 3Par earlier this year, Dell re-opened its coffers in a bid to acquire Compellent Technologies, hoping the company will be the answer to its midrange storage area network (SAN) needs.
Federal prosecutors Tuesday charged two men with stealing more than $1 million in high-tech equipment from EMC facilities in Massachusetts and North Carolina and trying to sell it over the Internet.
Samsung today announced a new 8GB dual inline memory module (DIMM) that stacks memory chips on top of each other, which increases the density of the memory by 50 per cent compared to conventional DIMM technology.
A federal jury this month awarded awarded a former Seagate Technology engineer $1.9 million, in a wrongful employment case.
Compellent Technologies today announced the availability of the latest version of its storage area network (SAN) technology, Storage Center 5.4 SAN, which incorporates several hardware upgrades as well as adding storage virtualization.
IBM today announced that it has created a new distributed computing architecture with a General Parallel File System technology that is twice as fast as existing clustered file systems and that provides management and advanced data-replication techniques.
Smartphone apps are set to become the killer health care product as a research report projects that some 500 million people will be using them within five years.
Flash array vendor Violin Memory today released its first caching appliance for network-attached storage systems.
- NV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projects NSW
- Business Systems Architect - Technical Leadership WA
- Contract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263 Asia
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- 12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt department ACT
- Infrastructure and Cloud Project Manager VIC
- Performance Test Analyst NSW
- Project Coordinator ACT
- IT Security Consultant - NSW
- Digital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects) NSW
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.