Samsung is likely to produce the next-generation magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM), which it said can now be manufactured and replace NAND flash in small IoT and mobile devices.
Stories by Lucas Mearian
Samsung announced what it said is the world’s highest capacity SSD – the 4TB 850 EVO, which is double the capacity of Samsung’s previous highest capacity drive.
University of Washington and Microsoft researchers believe they have broken the record for storing and retrieving data in DNA molecules.
Because access to patient information can be so lucrative, healthcare organizations and insurance companies are being targeted by cyberattackers and should expect their security to eventually be breached.
A hacker is holding three healthcare organizations up for ransom, threatening to sell hundreds of thousands of their patient records for up to $411,000 for each database.
At WWDC, Apple unveiled a file system that will span all of its products, include several encryption methods to guard data and allow old or unused files to be moved to the cloud. Analysts wondered whether users would need or want the features.
Intel let slips the timeline for its upcoming Optane line of SSDs that will blur the line between storage and memory by offering performance that has 1,000 times the endurance of NAND flash and is in some cases up to 1,000 times faster.
Microsoft researchers have shown that analyzing millions of web queries can help provide early detection of pancreatic cancer -- and possibly other diseases -- and likely increase survival rates.
Apple is planning to finally catch up with other smartphone makers by upping the base storage on its next iPhone to 32GB, according to an IHS analyst.
Samsung is now producing the industry’s first 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD in a single ball grid array (BGA) package that triples I/O performance over typical SATA SSDs.
Products ranged from UAVs and jet engines to human skull and knee replacements
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
At the Intel Developers Forum (IDF) this week, the company offered plans for a Type-C for audio connector that would replace the 3.5 millimeter mini-jack.
Google's Alphabet company has formed a lobbying group with Ford, Volvo and other carmakers to press the U.S. government on regulations to help move the self-driving car industry to market.
Researchers at the University of California have discovered a way to use nanowires to allow lithium-ion batteries in smartphones, electric vehicles and other commercial devices to be recharged hundreds of thousands of times.
- Project Scheduler NSW
- Senior Linux Systems Administrator NSW
- Cloud Orchestration Specialist VIC
- Junior Project Manager QLD
- VBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week) QLD
- AAA Developer NSW
- Tester (6 month contract) Finance NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse Management NSW
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse Management VIC
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!