A new mobile app provides pet owners and vets with access to medical records and ID information on both iOS and Android devices.
Stories by Lucas Mearian
Consumer-grade SSDs saw a 12 per cent price decline over just the past quarter. Based on DRAMeXchange’s analysis, the price difference between 128GB SSD and 500GB HDDs will shrink to less than $US3 in this year.
The new PM1633a SSD comes in a 2.5-in. form factor, and is targeted for enterprise storage use; compared to 3.5-in. drives, twice as many of the Samsung drives fit in a standard 19-inch, 2U rack.
As the FBI presses forward with its court case to force Apple to create software to unlock an iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino terrorists, it could be opening a huge security hole for government employees everywhere.
Robots that can minimize damage to tissue with sub-millimeter accuracy and allow surgeons to operate on patients remotely are expected to be a $6.4 billion industry by 2020.
Unisplendour had agreed to pay $3.78 billion for a 15% stake in drive maker Western Digital, but the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. thwarted the plan. With the loss of the deal, WD also altered its plans to purchase SanDisk.
Samsung's Portable SSD T3 packs a lot of capacity into a svelte package that also delivers near internal SSD speeds and a USB Type-C connector.
Adesto Technologies, a semiconductor maker in Sunnyvale, Calif., released a new non-volatile resistive RAM memory product that consumes up to 100 times less power than traditional NOR flash memory used in sensors and "smart" IoT devices.
Using nanostructured glass, scientists at the University of Southampton have made a major step forward in the development of digital data storage that can survive for billions of years.
In an industry first, Seagate has been able to boost areal density to 1TB per platter in a 2.5-inch form factor that's only 7mm high.
Kingston has purchased Imation's IronKey subsidiary, a maker of encrypted USB drives.
The production of 3D or stacked NAND flash in recent years has led to non-volatile memory exceeding the areal density of HDDs. This means that flash memory products with higher capacity can be built using the same surface area.
Lifting geographical and provider restrictions that currently limit physician reimbursement for treating or monitoring Medicare recipients would save the U.S. government as much as $1.8 billion over the next decade.
Wireless charging has proved wildly popular, with 90% of respondents to a recent survey saying they want it in the next smartphone. Apple has been a standout among makers in not adopting it, but IHS believes that's about to change.
A financial services start-up has announced a crowdfunding service that allows hospitals to run campaigns for patients to help them pay medical bills of any kind.
- System admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 needed ACT
- Infra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, Network NSW
- Senior Project Manager - Healthcare VIC
- Windows Server Engineer NSW
- Senior Project Manager VIC
- NV2 - System Administration / Application Support ACT
- Vendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSM VIC
- Data Management & Reporting Development Officer SA
- Product Owner NSW
- Business Analyst - ICT Security NSW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.