With the growth of critical data rapidly increasing, the Salvation Army’s Southern Territory arm was running out of “prime real estate” in its storage area, according to its IT manager, Larry Reed.
Stories by Chloe Herrick
New internet service provider (ISP), Australian Broadband Services (AusBBS), has flagged it’s entry to the market with plans to offer National Broadband Network (NBN)-only services via an outsourced virtual business model.
ICT hiring within the Federal Government has been forecast to hit an all-time high in 2012 with current spending on contractors already tipping $591.5 million for the 10 months to April 2012.
Experts have advised ISPs to step up and work with the content industry to find a copyright solution in order to avoid a heavy-handed government approach, following [[artnid:422173|iiNet's win over AFACT|new]] in the High Court of Australia today.
A change in government as a result of the 2013 federal election would will not diminish Telstra’s $2-3 billion excess cash war chest, expected to be generated over three years as the National Broadband Network (NBN) rolls out.
NBN Co has engaged the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) to quell suggestions that the launch of the National Broadband Network (NBN) satellites in 2015 will be delayed due to a lack of orbital slot approval.
Telecommunications company Primus will be free to pursue more Australian government business following its acquisition by M2 Telecommunications, according to Primus chief executive, Tom Mazerski.
The period of consolidation in the Australian fixed line market has concluded, ahead of the Federal Government's National Broadband Network (NBN) rollout, according to Internode managing director, Simon Hackett.
M2 Telecommunications (MTU) has acquired Primus Telecommunications Group for $192.4 million, with the transaction scheduled for completion on 1 June.
Western Australia has seen a ramp up in recruitment of CIOs and senior ICT employees as companies try to meet increasing demands of the ongoing mining and resources boom.
National Broadband Network (NBN) wholesaler, NBN Co has flagged plans to set up a customer contact centre on the Gold Coast, with the facility due to be operational by the second half of 2012.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) have issued a set of draft rules to govern the upcoming ‘Digital Dividend’ auction for the reallocation of Australia’s 700MHz and 2.5GHz spectrum.
The Australian Medical Association (AMA) has thrown water on the announced Medicare rebates accessible for GPs participating in the government’s $466.7 million national e-health project.
The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) has flagged plans to develop a free open source e-voting system for the next state election in November 2014, doing away with the touchscreen-based kiosks it used in 2010.
The Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) has allocated $21 million to the National E-Health Transition Authority’s (NEHTA) for the final scope of the national e-health record system.
- Data Migration Lead - SAP NSW
- Business Solutions Specialist NSW
- Business Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based Role VIC
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Microsoft Devops Engineers - contract - Sydney NSW
- Chief Information Security Officer NSW
- Senior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBD VIC
- PMO Analyst - Financial Services NSW
- TSM Specialist NSW
- PERMANENT Business Analysts ACT
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).