Faced with few options, companies are increasingly ceding to cyberattackers' demands for payment after holding their stolen data hostage, while law enforcement struggles to catch nearly invisible foes.
Stories by Jeremy Kirk
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has strengthened the encryption of its widely used instant messaging app, a development that in theory makes it harder for law enforcement to gain access to communications.
An alternate method for infecting computers with ransomware signals a shift in tactics by cybercriminals that could put businesses at greater risk, according to Symantec.
The Trump Hotel Collection said on Monday it is working with the Secret Service and FBI to investigate a payment card breach, its second one in less than a year.
CloudFlare is tweaking its systems to make it easier for legitimate Tor users to access websites that use its content delivery system.
MedStar Health said Wednesday it is restoring its computer systems following a cyberattack that reportedly involved file-encrypting malware.
CNBC inadvertently exposed peoples' passwords after it ran an article Tuesday that ironically was intended to promote secure password practices.
A large health care provider in the Washington, D.C., area said it has resorted to using paper transactions after malware crippled part of its network early Monday.
Cybercriminals are redoubling efforts to steal payment card details from retailers before new defenses are put in place, according to FireEye.
A researcher with RSA says faulty firmware found in security cameras sold by at least 70 vendors may be a contributor to many of the credit card breaches that have proved costly to retailers.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
Three men who allegedly were part of a multi-year hacking campaign with the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) left a long digital trail that didn't make them hard to identify, according to court documents.
The Tor Project is fortifying its software so that it can quickly detect if its network is tampered with for surveillance purposes, a top developer for the volunteer project wrote on Monday.
Apple's iMessage system has a cryptography flaw that allowed researchers to decrypt a photo stored in iCloud, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.
The FBI and the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration warned on Thursday that the rising use of computers in vehicles poses increasing risks of cyberattacks.
- Lead Tableau Reporting Consultant NSW
- Development/Architect Capability Manager VIC
- Field Network Engineer - GSM Networks. VIC
- Project Manager (Omni-Channel) VIC
- IT Change Manager - Western Sydney NSW
- Media Analyst NSW
- Systems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 cleared ACT
- Product Owner NSW
- IT Business Analyst NSW
- IT Senior Business Analyst (12M) NSW
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today