Faced with few options, companies are increasingly ceding to cyberattackers' demands for payment after holding their stolen data hostage, while law enforcement struggles to catch nearly invisible foes.
Stories by Jeremy Kirk
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has strengthened the encryption of its widely used instant messaging app, a development that in theory makes it harder for law enforcement to gain access to communications.
An alternate method for infecting computers with ransomware signals a shift in tactics by cybercriminals that could put businesses at greater risk, according to Symantec.
The Trump Hotel Collection said on Monday it is working with the Secret Service and FBI to investigate a payment card breach, its second one in less than a year.
CloudFlare is tweaking its systems to make it easier for legitimate Tor users to access websites that use its content delivery system.
MedStar Health said Wednesday it is restoring its computer systems following a cyberattack that reportedly involved file-encrypting malware.
CNBC inadvertently exposed peoples' passwords after it ran an article Tuesday that ironically was intended to promote secure password practices.
A large health care provider in the Washington, D.C., area said it has resorted to using paper transactions after malware crippled part of its network early Monday.
Cybercriminals are redoubling efforts to steal payment card details from retailers before new defenses are put in place, according to FireEye.
A researcher with RSA says faulty firmware found in security cameras sold by at least 70 vendors may be a contributor to many of the credit card breaches that have proved costly to retailers.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
Three men who allegedly were part of a multi-year hacking campaign with the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) left a long digital trail that didn't make them hard to identify, according to court documents.
The Tor Project is fortifying its software so that it can quickly detect if its network is tampered with for surveillance purposes, a top developer for the volunteer project wrote on Monday.
Apple's iMessage system has a cryptography flaw that allowed researchers to decrypt a photo stored in iCloud, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.
The FBI and the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration warned on Thursday that the rising use of computers in vehicles poses increasing risks of cyberattacks.
- Project Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills location NSW
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- Business/Process Analyst QLD
- Network Engineer VIC
- Security IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Agile Coach WA
- SAP Business Objects Consultant ACT
- Change Manager l Port Macquarie NSW NSW
- Cloud Orchestration Specialist VIC
- Network Security Engineer - Cisco ISE VIC
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).