Without the macOS update released this week, Apple's disk encryption can be easily bypassed by connecting a specially crafted device to a locked Macbook.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
The No More Ransom project, a coalition of law enforcement and security companies, has expanded with 30 new members and added 32 new decryption tools for various ransomware variants.
Following a massive data breach that affected over one billion Yahoo accounts, users should review the settings of their accounts, clean their mailboxes and turn on additional account security features.
Adobe Systems released security updates for several products, including one for Flash Player that fixes a critical vulnerability that's already known and exploited by attackers.
Facebook has launched a tool that allows domain name owners to discover TLS/SSL certificates issued without their knowledge.
Networking device manufacturer Netgear released firmware updates for several router models in order to patch a critical vulnerability that's publicly known and could be exploited by hackers.
Several models of Netgear routers are affected by a publicly disclosed vulnerability that could allow hackers to take over those devices.
The number of ransomware attacks targeting companies increased threefold from January to September, affecting one in every five businesses worldwide.
Botnets made up of hacked home routers were used to launch distributed denial-of-service attacks against the five largest financial organizations in Russia.
Germany-based industrial conglomerate ThyssenKrupp was hit by a cyberespionage attack earlier this year that resulted in data being stolen from its industrial solutions and steel producing units.
The next major version of OpenVPN, one of the most widely used virtual private networking technologies, will be audited by a well known cryptography expert.
The monthly Android security update released this week fixes the serious Dirty COW privilege escalation attack that could allow malicious apps to take full control of devices.
Many network security cameras made by Sony could be taken over by hackers and infected with botnet malware if their firmware is not updated to the latest version.
A month before Apple is expected to enforce stricter security requirements for app communications in iOS, enterprise developers don't seem ready to embrace them, a new study shows.
A bug in the Chrome browser caused security errors to be shown to users when trying to access HTTPS-enabled websites using Symantec SSL certificates.
- Test Manager VIC
- Identity Access + Security Consultant SA
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Junior Business Analyst NSW
- ArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Data Migration Lead - SAP NSW
- Test Specialist - Network VIC
- Microsoft Devops Engineers - contract - Sydney NSW
- Security Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde Based NSW
- Enterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience Platforms NSW
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow